Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bosses, who hates/loves fireing employees

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 55Willy, Sep 5, 2005.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

As an Auto Parts Store manager I get the joy of weeding through applications and giving interviews and compatability test. I'v had a long string of people come and go this year about 1 a month.
    This latest firee had the shortest employment with us. lasting 2 weeks. which to most would be 14 days, 12 if ya had two days off...we he had 9 of those days off :O He wanted saturday off and I told him I couldn't, I needed more notice then the day before to change the shcedule to keep the other employees from getting overtime and just swaping a person for the hours. well he didn't showed up saturday..I was thinking great he bailed on me and took it off anyways.

20 minutes after his shift started I called him.... "you gonna show up?"
    he goes why ?....I said you're 20 minutes late.... 20 minutes later he was at work.
    And started begging for sunday off. I laughed and said.. be a shining star today and we'll see. I said besides you just had last weekend off... hgis reply was that I gave him the wrong day off since his buddy couldn't go help him on the side job they were doing. I said " Oh so you took the day off anyways??? why not call and come back..I didn't enjoy working 14 days straight. I said he thought about it...

So after his shifty on saturday I was asking the other employee if nick said anything while leaving..he no. Nick called back an hour later asking for sunday off, I laughed and said no. he sasid he would buy my lunch of I would..wow bribbery..nice.

I said no you are working here tomorrow..he said yeah I'm working tomorrow just not for you. I said NO you are working here tomorrow as the schedule shows.... he hung up on me.

sunday morning my asisstant calls.. nick was a no show no call.....sweet :mad: so I get dressed and go to work. I was pissed and still am. where does someone get the nerve to tell thier boss when and why they will work?????

In about a half hour I'll see if he will show up today acting as if nothing happened. All he is gonna get is a " sign here and turn in your shirts"

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

A$$hat!!! :mad:

Hope ya get a loyal employee next time.........though they are rare!

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I hired two at the same time. the other newbie can run circles around this guy. never has asked for time off, and has volunteered to help out when nick has bailed. I even told nick, no one who has asked for days off in thier 1st week is still working here.

This just in, Nick just showed up and said no one told him he was working yesterday....geezus do I have to call you everyday to tell ya when to get up and come to work and when to go home and eat dinner....some peoples kids.... :mad:

4. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

Well did you fire him or what? Details...

5. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Yeah is he fired yet? Anther chance will just tell him he is getting anther chance agian after how many times? My oldest brother was a jiffy lube manager. He would go out drinking with his friends/emplyees on friday night. When you were not there to open on saturday you were history. He knew if he could stay out a drink and you wre with him that it was your own fault that you could not make it in. Fire him! Just as he comes in to the store. You walk up a put your arm on his shoulder and say "look here lets walk and talk, whoop" as you lead him over to where your desk is to ask him to sign his dismissal paper. "Would you mind giving me your autograph, sir, And your shirts would be nice too." Then just hollar "See Ya" after you walk him to the door. :haha:

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

IT'S ALL OVER!!!!!!
    time to rework the schedule and get the sign back in the window.

I don't think I' had one normal week since I took over this store. always someone bitching about this day or this day or quitting or getting fired.
    I know I'm tired of working 7 days a week.

7. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

Details man! Details!

8. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I don't quite have the authority to fire anyone yet but my boss will respect my opinion

Of course it has to be really bad for him to fire someone

I think the last and only one he has stole money from the till

One worker stole hundreds if not thousands from the till over a period of time, and he let it slide with an anonymous warning

One yelkls at all the new girls and makes them cry, but she's such a mainstay he's just waiting for her to die

One, back in the day, read books all day, insulted MY intelligence, and turned a 24 count case of reddiwhip into his personal seven hour whippet fest

He just got warnings, he talked back horribly

We have a good crew now though, all young girls and a young man