Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Boston Acoustics or Infinity?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Madbomber88, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Madbomber88

Madbomber88 1/2 ton status

Which is better?

I am trying to decide between the two for a component speaker system.

Either the Boston Acoustics SL60 http://www.bostonacoustics.com/ca_product.asp?ProductID=293&CategoryID=14

Or the Infinity KAPPA PERFECT6.1 http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/product.aspx?ProdId='KAPPA+PERFECT6.1'&Ser=KPE&Cat=COS

Thanks

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Infinity Kappa.

3. Madbomber88

Ok, for what reasons?

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Just a personal opinion, but I like the sound quality of the Infinity Kappa Perfects better then the Boston Acoustics. The Infinity Kappa Perfects just sound better to my ears.

5. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

it is all personal opinon... Go demo some speakers and see what you like. In highschool I had ALL Boston Pro components in my car with JL subs. They were nice. Now, in my Jeep, I have Infinity Kappa Perfect components in the front, MB Quart Coaxes in the rear and Infinity Perfect 12" DVQ sub. I think my current system sounds much better than my old system did. just go listen to the stuff and get what sounds good.

I just ordered some A/D/S components to replace the Infinitys and some JL coaxes for rear fill to replace the quarts...

On a side note, I think the Infinity stuff can handle abuse WAY more than most speakers. I have pushed the crap out of the compents I have now and the 12DVQ sub and they have worked great...just a little too sharp for my tastes so I am going to a soft dome tweeter

6. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

Remember, your equipment is only as good as your weakest link.. Some people go with expensive product only to get cheap with the wiring and installation.

I've shunned away from some of the high end stuff because I've seen and heard some average to good equipment perform as good or better than the high end product. It's all in the way it is installed. My brother runs mostly McIntosh equipment in his vehicles and it sounds no better than my Fosgate/Pioneer/Kicker set up. I just cant see myself spending $2800 for a subwoofer amp when I can get similar results from a $500 amp, especially when everywhere you go you'll not be confortable leaving it in a parking lot for a period of time.. :crazy:

If I had to choose between Infinity or Boston, I'd go with Infinity tho'' :wink1:

7. Madbomber88

I agree. I don't want you guys to think I spent $500 on these speakers retail. I bought them new on ebay for $200. I doubt I'll be able to tell the difference anyway...

8. JIMMY76

JIMMY76 1/2 ton status

Out Of The 2 I Would Go Infinity Boston Makes Good Home Stereo Stuff But I Think Their Car Audio Is Not As Strong. But I Would Run Mb Quart Or The Top Of The Line Rockford Or Kicker Stuff But Thats My Own Opinion Just Because Thats The Companies I Have Always Used And Are Comfortable Using Because I Know What I Am Getting Change Is Not Always Good