Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Both the '72's are home, and wife says lose one. "PICS"

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gjk5, Mar 2, 2005.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Oh well, I new this would happen after she saw the green one. Got it towed over to the house today and the wife says it's gone by Labor Day or else.

first a pic of the "decent" one:

[​IMG]

And here's a few of the new arrival, she's seen some hard times:

[​IMG]

The engine is supposedly rebuilt with less than 1K miles on it, I may think about swapping it into the yellow one. Tranny and Xsfer also rebuilt, sitting in the back of the truck though, may think about swapping those too.

[​IMG]

Interior is OK, definitely gonna scavenge the front seats, I think I'm gonna do factory buckets front and rear in the yellow one.

[​IMG]

My original plan was to truggy the green one and keep the yellow one fairly stock for family camping and fishing trips and as an occasional DD. But that is starting to seem like a bigger chunk to bite off than I thought.:crazy:

Looks like the green one is not destined to be a permanent family member after all.

I guess that's just life with a wife.:grin:

2. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    I may know of a vulture or two who could come in and strip the useful parts in short order. :D

3. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

Vultures? Around here, no waaay!;)

4. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

That's no joke guys, already got a couple of Pms and e-mails.:D

I really don't want too get rid of her, I'm just trying to be realistic about how much time it will take me to either truggy it or restore it, and that number doens't jive with how long I know I can keep the wife at bay. She seems to have accepted the yellow one as a permanent family member, just don't know about swaying her on the green one. Maybe I can work on her maternal instincts being a new Mom and all.;) "But she has nowhere to go Honey, and you can se how much she needs love."

Seriously though, I would like some more input from 1st gen guys, I am no expert but a restoration seems like an awfully big chunk to bite off on one in her condition.

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

If it's really far gone....strip off the salvageable parts and scrap the rest. If it just needs some "tough love", you should probably just sell it to someone who will love it and bring her back to her former glory! :thumb:

1st Gens really shouldn't be "truggied" anyway....IMHO

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

agreed, they both are pretty damn good looking trucks, hell they both are painted, i mean that alone is rare enough..... ive seen only two first gen k-5's in my entire life here, they are just rare as hell, yall are lucky to see/own any

hate to see either get wasted, would be sad,, :/

but not up to me..

good luck

7. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I would lose the wife. My significant other realizes my desires (to own as much junk as possible) and would never demand something as irrational as getting rid of any of my collection. I guess I got a good one... :D