Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bought 16.00R20 's now what

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 53chevy, Mar 29, 2005.

1. 53chevy

53chevy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well i got 4 16R20 XL's now i need rims and probably cut my fenders and planning on adding a 1" zero rate springs.This is all on my 1 ton 84 4 door long bed with 8 inch susp. and 3 inch blocks. Any Idea's , info, or comments on rims or mounting please give me some feedback. Thanks for your time.
    Luke

2. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

well you have 53" tires. congratulations!

your 1 ton axles will break if you wheel this. :blush: sorry, but they will. so that leaves rockwells or unimog axles.

rockwells are top loaders, which need about 10" of lift to clear. pretty tough, not much money. i heard...

unimogs add about 4-6" of lift because they're portals. they are the better axle IMO. unimogs also come with lockers built right in, rockies don't. :frown1:

are the blocks in both axles of just the rear? if they're in the front, get those out of there right away. very dangerous. if they're in the back, then take em out and do a shacle flip. this will give about 4" of lift without the spring wrap. or at least way less.

53's sound sweet, post some pics when you get them on. :cool1:

3. 53chevy

The 3inch block are a body lift, sorry about the confusion. I'm still trying to find a 20in 8 lug rim that will work and some that aren't chrome. Thanks

4. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

What tires were you running before?

5. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

My brother had his 20" 8 luggers built by Stockton wheel... they were pretty expensive... I think from Stazworks you can get 20" double beadlocks for cheaper than he paid for his thru Stockton...

6. 53chevy

I have 39.5x18 boggers on my truck now. I just need to find a cheap 20 inch rim.

7. rusty_82

rusty_82 Registered Member

www.USA6X6.com has 20 inch rims for a reasonable price, if the stock 1-ton axles s*** the bed I would definatly go with some unimog 406's or 416's.
    -Stew

8. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

i can't see 1 tons standing up to 53s. :frown1: it's sweet if they do, but i don't think they will.