Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bought a 62 caddy

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SHAWNSTER, Jun 26, 2006.

1. SHAWNSTER

SHAWNSTER 1/2 ton status

i finally made the plunge and bought me a 1962 caddy -not sure if it is a sedan deville or a fleetwood (not sure how to tell)_ -big 4 door -it is in great shape-lot of surface rust, most of the paint is gone on the top-all paint on sides- there are only 3 rust spots on the whole car-all are on the very botton corner of the doors(at least thats all i have found so far-has the 390 v8 all power except the small vent windows up front personally if i just cleaned it up real good, it will be good to go-but most likely a resto job in order-found the original owners manual and a registry from Lasalle club-po had it reged with them until 1968- I had it towed home saturday and about 30 mins later we got it started to moved it to where i parked it(car has sat for 4 years)- tomorrow i will need someone to post some pics if i email them to you(my comp is messed up).i am as giddy as a school girl with this car I LOVE CADILLACS -this is my 3RD
    thanks

2. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Pic's....

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

cool cars...

I saw a sweet early 60's Caddy for sale last night in Lancaster MA on the way to my sisters house!..nice looking car!!...
    ...we had quite a few 50's and 60's Caddy's at the boneyard I worked at,but sadly they are all history now..they got sent to the crusher when it closed up last year..:(

There were several 390 motors there that still ran perfect too,and a few 429's...but most everyone who called looking for a Caddy motor wanted a 472 or 500...I've yet to see an older Caddy engine in a GM truck,but I wouldn't doubt someone has done it!..:crazy:

4. PeteH

PeteH 1/2 ton status

check the back window. the fleetwoods have smaller back windows then the devilles IIRC.
    fleetwoods rear windows extend about 5 inches from either side
    devilles are about two.

theres more stuff but i cant remember right now.

5. SHAWNSTER

SHAWNSTER 1/2 ton status

i looked up the vin and body tag on the net this morning and according to that I have a Sedan DeVille 6 window-doesnt matter-i love it-also these cars are rare out here in dallas i've seen several 70's models but none this old-will try and get pics today-maybe tomorrow night(wife has the digi)-also my wife has threatened to leave me bcuz in the 7 years ive known her, i have always talked about this car, and how much i love it_(she literally thinks I love it more than her)haha

6. smalltruckbigcid

smalltruckbigcid 1/2 ton status