Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bought a 64 Bonneville

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by Blaze, Oct 31, 2002.

1. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I just bought a 64 Pontiac Bonneville. The guy said he thinks it is a 389, but possibly a 421 (I'm guessing 389), ran 4 years ago, body ok, interior ok, no title. I paid $300 for it. Should be a good parts car, beater. I'll probably get it running, beat the [censored] out of it, and strip all the parts, and either send it to the junkyard or give it to a friend to demo derby it. I'll try and get some pictures when I get it. I'm going to try and get some burnout pictures if I can get it running.

2. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Man, I just talked to the guy and he said that he put new tires on it for me! Geez, $300 car and it has new tires now!

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    $300

[/ QUOTE ]
    NOW THATS A DEAL! My pops is wanting another one. He sold his a long time ago and he has regreted it ever since.
    Good luck, send some pics
    J /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Sent you a PM on the feiro parts
    If you would send a price for both the door and door/console with shipping.
    Thanks, J

5. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I already sold that, sorry man. I fired ya a PM. I'm supposed to go pick it up next Saturday. I need to find a trailer by then, too. Might end up buying a tow dolly instead.

6. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

IF YOU DEMO THAT I WILL (______ fill in blank with prefered profanity!) you!! My god!! I would kill for southern cars up here!! send pics. If it's in decent shape I'll buy it just to resell!! all we have up here are rusty old hulls.

7. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Well, I don't know if I can get the title for it. If you are interested, I'll definitely sell it to ya. Gotta see if I can get it running first!

8. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Man, I just got back from trying to get the car. Get there and the car is very rusted and has been painted with a brush. Too far gone for anything but parts. I took it anyway and 5 miles down the read the tire explodes and wraps around the axle /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. The guy comes out and takes the wheel down to Wal-Mart and puts a new tire on it. I decide that I can not take this car the rest of the 2 hours home, we worked out a deal for a 78 TA he had in the yard and the drivetrain out of the Bonnie. Not a bad deal, but a LOOOONG day! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif