Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bought a Blazer :)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by inscape, Jun 23, 2004.

1. inscape

inscape Registered Member

Bought an 89 Chevy Blazer Silverado. The dealership's mechanic looked at it and said the engine and tranny looked beefed up, whether or not that's true i'm not sure yet. The side rear window has a crack in it, the rear seatbelts don't work and the radio is pathetic. But other than that it sounds good and runs strong (fuel injected and o/d) and has the gray interior I want. Total price was around $3,200 and got $500 for my jimmy. $500 wasn't a lot, but considering everything that was wrong not too bad. Here's a couple ext. pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's what I had

[​IMG]

edit: If anyone has unlimited carfax, would you mind checking it for me? Also I looked at the transfer case and there's a label that says New Process Gear 241c I believe. Is that aftermarket?

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

nice blazer, wish i had one that nice.

GM started putting the 241 in the blazers and subs in 89. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

What a clean, unmolested Blazer. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Even has the stock rims.
    BTW: What did you do with the other Blazer? Did you sell it to someone /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif or give it to the dealer for a trade-in so they could smash it? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. inscape

inscape Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    What a clean, unmolested Blazer. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Even has the stock rims.
    BTW: What did you do with the other Blazer? Did you sell it to someone /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif or give it to the dealer for a trade-in so they could smash it? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Needed to trade it in, didn't have a whole lot of cash. Tried selling it on here less than a year ago when I had a membership and had no takers.

I looked under the blazer and it has a 12 bolt rear. Not sure if I like the quad shocks on the front much, seems kinda bouncy. It also vibrates a little at 20 mph. The Jimmy vibrated at 40. Is that normal?

5. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

The 12 bolt isnt normal it should have 10 bolts front and rear unless someone switched them. Look at your ujoints and make sure you have no bolts backing out or major leaks in the drivetrain. That would be a starting place to look for the vibes. And nice score here was mine right after I lifted (about 2 weeks after I bought it.
    [​IMG]

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I need to go to washington state I guess--the 500 dollar K5's there dont have big HOLES in them--that old jimmy doesnt look too bad to me! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif--all you get here for 500 is a lot of rust,300,000 miles,and body and frame are usually separated from each other,very rare to get one for that price that will even drive itself home. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif
    Nice new blazer though--! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif