Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bought a new car this weekend (well new to me)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Prembird, Jun 28, 2002.

1. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

Well went around looking and decided to stop by a ford dealership... after looking around i talked to a salesman and had them run a credit check on me...This was on a friday evening... Well after sitting there for about 2 hours or so doing this and that...The time was so late that they couldnt contact the banks so i was asked to come back in on sat...Couldnt make it in sat. so i went in after work on monday... Since my credit wasnt the best in the world they where limited to what i could buy..While i was waiting on the sales man that helped me out to begin with another guy took me around looking at new cars... Since knowning my credit was the best i decided that i needed to look into the focus and the zx2... well the focus i think looks better and so i started looking at those... they didnt have any of the new zx3 (2 door hatchback style) in stock so i figured it was a bust.. we went around back and they had one back there but it was a new trade in they just got... littlerly new.. only had time to get it inspected and thats it... not cleaned up or nothing... So finally get to talk to the sales man and he tells me that it is going to have to be a used car... so we go and look around the lot and they dont have anything there i was intersted in... then i ask him about the focus zx3 in the back... he doesnt know that its back there... go back.. look at it.. get the numbers and check the price... sure enough its in the range... well after a couple of more days driving the car i ended up buying it wendsday night... still have some stuff that needs to be done but i got a good deal on it and it seems to be working pretty good...

sorry this is so long but ya know how it is....

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Congrates on the new to you car. What year is it ??? How menny miles are on it ??? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

its a 2000 ford focus zx3, red, keyless entry, with 29,xxx miles on it.. still have around 7k on warranty.... If i can get ahold of a camera i will put picks on my webshots album and post if anyone is interested that is...

4. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

It seems like that happens all the time to me. Someone wants to look at the car I'm working on, not the one I just finished, or the one I'm going to do next, but the very exact one I just pulled into the shop. -Thats not a big deal, it's when they take off with it and don't bring it back, thats what works my nerves.

Cool deal for you. Good to hear it worked out. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

have fun...us in the car audio/security business refer to those cars as a ford f*ckus...they are not fun to work on security-wise...

Later

6. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    have fun...us in the car audio/security business refer to those cars as a ford f*ckus...they are not fun to work on security-wise...

Later

[/ QUOTE ]

That is why we pay the big bucks for you to install it all.. if it was easy then anyone could do it.. heheheheh... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

7. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    It seems like that happens all the time to me. Someone wants to look at the car I'm working on, not the one I just finished, or the one I'm going to do next, but the very exact one I just pulled into the shop. -Thats not a big deal, it's when they take off with it and don't bring it back, thats what works my nerves

[/ QUOTE ]

Well this was just sitting in the back lot... didnt look like anyone was going to be messing with it for a couple of days... As for not bringing it back... I have an appointment with ford on july 8th to have the rest of the "WE OWE" done to it... one of the things is they are going to completly detail the car for me since they didnt get a chance to do it in the first place...

8. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

you pay the big bucks and they pay me the mediocre bucks...anybody else see something wrong here?

Later

9. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

well hell... then lets cut out the middle man.. hehehehe

10. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

youre a little far for an alarm install /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

but if you were closer

Later

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I don't know the audio shops in KC, but if you're going for a shop to install a system for ya, I can recomened a good one up in Omaha. Only a 2.5 hour drive from KC.

12. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

I do all my own audio installs... Been doing it so long that its like second nature to me... But i dont mess with alarms on the new cars... old ones i can do.. to much that can get messed up on new cars so i will leave that to the experts...

Plan on droping a set of 10's or a single 12 in the back of it... this way i can keep a good amount of space open for road trips and what not...

I feel naked without atleast a little bump in the car... This sucks.. time to start looking into another system again... hehehe..