Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bought a new entertainment center today...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thatK30guy, Dec 28, 2002.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

...for the t.v. and my 2 brand new X-Mas gifts.....a new VCR (our old one went titties up) and a new DVD player. Got both of these machines from the in-laws. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

While in Salina today, we went ahead and got a cheap entertainment center just to store all the video tapes in. Our original plan was to find a solid oak cabinet, but with prices at/over $800 for one....we just had to wait. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The new center in the room is pretty nice, an el-cheapo kind. But good enough for now to store over 100 tapes. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Can you say....Disney movies? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I also bought my first DVD movie.....SPIDERMAN!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Entertainment center /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifNope dosent ring a bell......

Oh wait is that one of those things you have before you get a 61" BIG SCREEN.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Entertainment center /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifNope dosent ring a bell......

Oh wait is that one of those things you have before you get a 61" BIG SCREEN.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Between you and Sandman double posting tonight, you ought to be banned from gay sheep for awhile. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Fawkin glitch, it's the site.... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Fawkin glitch, it's the site

[/ QUOTE ]
    Glitches suck!!!!

7. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

My father-in-law has his 60" bigscreen in an entertainment center. That thing is huge!

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Congrats! $800 is stiff for an EC, but hopefully it will last longer than the $90 Kmart special!

We haven't bought a nice on yet either. Mostly cause I'm hoping to get a big screen (she doesn't know yet), which is close to the price of a quality entertainment center, but beats it in TV size.

Go for a big screen before the expensive EC!!

9. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Believe me, I've been trying to get the t.v. rather than the EC. But not a big screen. Just a 36" for now so we can get a EC later to put the t.v. in.

My boss just bought a 61" Sony big screen for $2200. He's all happy now and in the basement watching it all day long.