Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bought a new toy

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ryan B., Nov 1, 2001.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Okay, okay, I know someone will say it, but this doesn't have much to do with 4X4.
    I just bought my 2nd vehicle tonight from my friend Todd, and I had to share.
    It's a '67 Camaro RS/SS
    454 .070" over = 469cid, (.608" lift cam) TH-400, 3,000stall converter, 9" rear 4:11 posi, Ladder bars, subframe connectors...etc.
    I've been saving every penny for the last year for this car.
    Getting on the freeway @ 55mph, I'll stab into it in 2nd and it will get sideways and smoke the tires. It just won't hook up 'till about 60mph.
    PICS: http://communities.msn.com/Ryans1972Blazer/picsoftodds67camaro.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=81

Now when I get some money I can finally build up the '72 K/5 some more! I've been planning a D60/14FF swap, along with a 415cid smallblock with the Edelbrock Pro-flo multipoint injection system. And body mounts, Body & Paint!... Ah someday.

2. JTB

JTB 1/2 ton status

Congratulations! I must say I am a little jealous, my blazer just doesn't seem to want to roast em at 55. Not even at 25. Someday I will build a Camaro or Chevelle, but I need to finish the Blazer first. Enjoy your new ride.
    Jeff

3. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

Cool car! I’ve owned several 70-81 Camaros - but never a first generation and never any vehicle built for speed the way that one is.

You’ll be getting Christmas cards from tire makers and gas stations. Hopefully you won’t end up on a first name basis with the local police officials.

'72 Blazer mostly stock original "Baby Poop" yellow color

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

GRRRRROOOVVVYYYYYY!!
    67 is a fine year!!

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/baja/5099>www.geocities.com/baja/5099</a>

5. Very sweet, bet it is a blast to drive.

1969 C20 4x4
    4" lift, 35x12.50x16 Super Swamper SSR's

6. Rhody

Rhody Registered Member

Ryan.. Awesome man. I know you have been waiting on getting this thing. Congrats Now lets LIGHT EM UP! :) I broke down and bought a Fast trac top. I am also in the process of slapping on my new ROCKROD w / stablizer shock. I will have pics soon and them post them. Sorry I haven't been around much. Been busy with work. Later

Little Rhody

7. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Way to Go!!!!

MAN that thing looks SWEET!.....now take it to the same location you took your K5 and give us the "time lapse photography" of another burnout.....be sure your bosses Corvette is parked close by so you can fling hot rubber chunks all over the hood......then post the photos for us!!!

DrDumbass and I will be waiting [​IMG]

-Greg72

8. dogman

dogman 1/2 ton status

Real happy for you son, you have had a hardon for that car; like from first sight.
    When you left my house last night, that beast looked like a funnycar bursting a burn.
    so keep it on all four and knock off the dragster exits.
    Wish I had a car like that @ 19 (what a babe magnet)
    Congratulation kid you did it.
    Dad

9. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

that's one of my favorite cars, personally i prefer the 69 but the 67 would be my second choice.

you are right it does not have anything to do with 4x4, i'll tow it away for you if you want [​IMG]

ARQ.

offroad baja!!!
    72 4x4 CST Blazer
    71 4x4 CST Blazer
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/ArqDennis>My Pics</a>

10. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Nice...like the color combo!

Twiztid-Freekshow
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda</a>

11. 71RestoRod

71RestoRod 1/2 ton status

Two words... Oh yea. Real slow now... Ohhhhh yeaaaaa. That car could cure me of my Blazer habit!

12. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Nice ride ryan, pretty cool to see your dad on here too, I wish my ol man had an interest in cars when I was growing up instead of the heated arguments we had about me having to get rid of my projects cause I couldn't bring them home from school. and that the money I was putting into my trucks was a waste.
    O well he has a bit of jealousy now for my interest and abilities, became a little more understanding after I moved on in life.
    congrats man I like it looks good

Like em big and topless
    Excuse me...Would you mind removing your import from under my chevy?

13. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Pretty. Oooo... Pretty!

Good luck evading the smog police.

14. hirider34

hirider34 Registered Member

Congratulations Ryan. Sure is a sweet little ride. Now you got the best of both worlds. Love every minute of it.

Why buy it if you can build it better?
    All Give Some. Some gave all. God bless the fallen Brothers in the FDNY.

15. 72Blazerod

72Blazerod 1/2 ton status

Man that is just too sweet!!!!! I love the old Camaros! I used to have a not too old '89 IROC 5.7l and got hooked on Camaros (prior to that I had a '78 Trans-Am, that was fun too!). What I want to get now is a '72 Corvette to match the '72 Blazer but the wife has this CRAZY idea that I should finish one project before I begin the next. She just doesn't get it!

Have a great time in your new "Babe Magnet!"

Rod

<a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.ca/72BlazerodsOldChevyTruckPage/photoalbums.msnw>http://communities.msn.ca/72BlazerodsOldChevyTruckPage/photoalbums.msnw</a>