Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bought a new TV

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MudFrog, Jan 7, 2002.

1. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Yep.. went out this weekend and bought a Sony 43" projection TV. While it's not HDTV, it does have an excellent picture. It also has Composite, S-Video and Component hook ups. I like it a lot (my dumb and dumber impersonation). I found my self staying up late all weekend watching my DVD's over and over [​IMG]. Anyway, now I need to redue my Home Theater. Anyone want to buy a 27" TV or a JVC A/V Receiver?

89 K5 Silverado, 4", 33's, 3/4 ton axles
    <a target="_blank" href=http://mudfrog.rockcrawler.com>http://mudfrog.rockcrawler.com</a>

2. lifted95z71

lifted95z71 1/2 ton status

sweet i just bought a new tv too. i must say that sonys are killer. i bought a 53" samsung for my basement bar/hunting lodge project. (see my "big flat tire needed" post) and returned that pos in 2 days. it was pure junk. picture was aweful and the remote only worked if you aimed it perfectly at the remote thingy. then i went and got a 61" sony and it is awesome! i couldnt resist getting an xbox while i was there and now i can only pry myself out of the basement for a few minutes a day. of course school starts thursday so i guess i have to head back to my crappy 2 room apartment at school dangit.
    my mom had a hitachi which is supposed to be good but it gave her nothing but problems and the picture isnt near as good as the sony.
    i guess its kind funny that i only let my friends into the basement where the good stuff is and company has to watch the 17" walmart tv that keeps going from dark to bright in the "family room" that doesnt even have walpaper yet. (i got distracted on the way to buy it)