Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bought a used 110 Amp Snap On Mig Welder "Pic"

Discussion in 'The Tool Shed' started by dontoe, Mar 9, 2006.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Bought it for $500.00. It has been adapted to the large spool (10 pound?) and the large tank (50 pound?) and came with a home made cart. Works beautifully! Photo later.
    Did I get burned? :confused:
    Pun intended! :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2006
  2. Geargrinder

Geargrinder 1/2 ton status

I don't know what thery go for new, but I would say, no. Not if U are happy with it.

3. Bushido

Bushido Registered Member

You can check their web-site for a price if it's not too old.I bought a 130amp from them about 10 years ago for about $1000 but it has since been discontinued.It came with a bunch of other acc.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

that is about the going price of a similar lincoln unit without the tank or cart. Decent deal. never used nor would I buy a SnapOn welder. never known a single person to have one to change my opinion, personally I'll stick to Miller or Lincoln, but I think you got a decent deal and if it works well for you, good for you.

5. dontoe

Their new 110 Amp is $879.00

6. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dontoe, if your feeling badly about the purchase bring it to DPG and Ill give you a couple bucks for it.

7. jhellwig

jhellwig 1/2 ton status

It is probaly made by someone else other than snap on.

8. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

from my local friend that ownes a welding supply store. snap on stuff is good stuff till you need parts as thay are 98% there own.

9. dontoe

Maybe............................

I'm so sad:crazy: .....................:laugh: NOT!!!:laugh: ....................:p: I got a Mig welder ..................Now my stick welder gets a well deserved rest!!!

10. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Never priced a Snap-on model so I don't know if they are pricey new or not, but in general I would think $500 might be a touch high for a used 110 amp MIG. I priced a brand new Hobart 180 amp (220 volt) MIG with cart and everything besides the bottle at the local TSC for about $550, a 140 amp (110 volt) Hobart is in the low $400's minus bottle and the $50 cart, and the 125 amp version is in the $300's.

11. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

I used a similar welder for a long time befor I got a Miller 251. One thing to consider is that the local welding store (praxair) told me not to run the 10LB spools in my small lincoln as the wire drive motor will meet an early death. they said to just run the 1LB spools. even though they sold the adapter too. I have run several 10 pounders and mine is fine, but just telling you what I heard.

12. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Hummm, something to think about. The 10 pound spools are much better priced than the little 1 or 2 pounders.

13. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

I bought my lincoln weld pack 100 in late 97 and I have alway's used the 10lb spool (9 spools and counting) of inner sheild wire and I have never had a problem with it . I get them (lincoln 10lb innershield)at lowes for $41 . the welding shop want $70+ for the same thing . my wp100 just took a crap on me a week ago but it's a heat issue as it will weld sheet metal on it's highest setting :eek1: when it should blow right through it . It has no ball's . It's going to a lincoln authorized shop to get fixed . I have used a snap on welder in the past and I was told by my snap on tool guy that the welders are made by Century . Maybe thats ture maybe ot's not . I would personally only spend my money on a Miller , lincoln or hobart . $500 is a good deal for a 110 welder and bottle set up . the little welders are great for all the small stuff and I've lost count of all the exhaust systems I have done for freind/family with mine .