Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bought an 85 M1009!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mudzer, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Looks like I will be building up an 85 M1009 real soon - actually, Im just swapping tubs. There are a few features I will keep from the Military chassis, such as HydroBoost Brakes and stuff.

Can anyone else tell me some of the good parts on these trucks? What gears are in the 10 bolts? Are these a saleable item? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

The 10 bolts have 3:08's. Everything else is basically the same as a civilian diesel K5. Except for the blackout headlights and maybe some radio stuff...I wanna say that they came with 400's instead of 700's but I'm not real sure... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

right on congrats /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

you going to change your name to 85m1009 since that name might be used any more?

haha.
    what was wrong with your body? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

TH400/NP208 behind the 6.2. Does the 6.2 run?

Rene

6. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Neil

Keep the body camo, if the paint is in good shape. Those CUCV rigs look bada$$ lifted! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Mudzer

[ QUOTE ]
    TH400/NP208 behind the 6.2. Does the 6.2 run?

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

Comes complete without a Motor, Tranny and T-Case. I payed a whopping $55 + gas, for the truck!

8. Mudzer

[ QUOTE ]
    Neil

Keep the body camo, if the paint is in good shape. Those CUCV rigs look bada$$ lifted! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I think I will. I might repaint the camo if needed and the roll cage and bumpers might get the Watson tan for that Urban look. Oh wait, I just stole two idea's there, is the word Urban and the Color Tan all patented?

I think the interior will be somewhat like Watson's rig. I like the idea of having the roll cage tie into the seat bars as well as make a "console" with handles to grab during upside down situations. I figure I will go ahead and trim the body up, weld in the cage, install some MasterCraft seats then install the body on my frame. My WMS Dual case hangs just 1.5" below the frame, so I will go ahead and tuck it up to flat. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Brett, I might have to check into that name change. I'll raffle my world renouned username, the starting bid is Fide Dollas... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif The floor pan in the rear is getting pretty rusty. It could be repaired, but I have popped almost every factory spot weld loose, so its starting to get pretty creaky. I did weld up some of these to make it a bit more solid. I am just ready for a new look. Im sure it will stay white, till I roll it or really flog the body. Besides, I might break out the sawzall and bob the rear just for good measure!

9. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Brett, I might have to check into that name change. I'll raffle my world renouned username, the starting bid is Fide Dollas...

[/ QUOTE ]

haha! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif