Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bought an '87 V10 SWB tonight....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by thatK30guy, Sep 15, 2005.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

A Custom Deluxe model, with a rebuilt 5.7 liter, 465, 208 and unknown ratio yet. I'm guessing its 3.73 as it has lots of power and 4th gear is easily reached at 30-35 mph.

The truck has a slight miss to it. I'm getting ready to do a complete tune up. What else should I look at since this is my first TBI truck of the "old body style" vintage. Yep, my first one and it runs real good minus the miss.

The body is in fairly decent shape, too. Gonna clean the whole truck up and start out with the ORD 1" body lift, Daystar body bushings and then later get up to 4" front and rear springs on 1" zero-rates and then run 35" tires to call this a daily driver.

Not planning to swap axles for anything heavier yet. Wanna keep this a nice gentle ride truck for work only.

As far as computers, TBI, etc. etc. goes, I need help learning about this stuff. I'm beginning to like this truck a lot as Its already become dependable and I haven't even gotten it tagged or registered yet. It starts up every time and idles real good. Clutch is great, too.

Help me learn about the TBI stuff. :deal: :thinking: :waytogo:

I will get pics up hopefully this weekend.

BTW, I "only" paid $1000 for it. :eek1: :bow:

2. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

score!

just bought my first tbi last month too. 87 v30 regualr cab dually, 454/400/205 60/70. id like some learning as well. :wink1:

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Sounds like a good score Wes, and I like the ideal of a clean basicly stock 4 wheel drive with a little lift. I miss having something like that that I could ride in comfort in.
    As far the TBI goes I would have the engine scaned for any codes to start with.

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Are there any websites with info on TBI's, etc.? Anything that will help a dumbass to learn about them. :doah: