Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bought another truck

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by original balzer, Jan 18, 2006.

1. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

1983 3/4t 4x4 6.2diesel 4 speed 208 runs real well even starts in the cold weather plenty of rust just a beater runs drives passed inspection for $800 i figure any 4x4 you can jump in and drive is worth $1000 and ANYTHING that runs and drives is worth $500 so i figure i didnt get hurt. ill post some pics in a few days (gotta find camera) plans right now are clean it up flat bed 4" lift 33's or 35's and just work/use it around the ranch.

balzer

2. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

sweet man, cant wait to see pics

3. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nice deal, mmmmmmmm how about some pics.

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Bought it??...sounds like ya STOLE it to me,for 800 !!

Any 4x4 diesel is well worth a grand around here without too much trouble,unless it has lots of rot or other major woes..I'd say you did pretty well for 800,I see 6.2 motors sell for 500 bucks and up from the boneyards here,and they usually are pretty beat,and need glowplugs and other work!..

If yours is a 4 spd,it MIGHT not be an SM465 in it!..I've saw,and foolisly didn't buy,an 82 K10 with a rebuilt 6.2 and a 4 speed OVERDRIVE with a NP 208 or 241 in it,for 400 bucks,in a local junkyard..they CRUSHED it without pulling ANY parts,and the truck was very salvageable,before I could get there with the cash:mad: ...the tranny was very similar to the ones mopar used in the vans and pickups,and Volare's..an "A833" New Process I believe....an overdrive is very desireable on a diesel,especially rare on 4x4's..:crazy:

My 82 K20 is a stepside 8' bed,TH400 with a NP208 and a 6.2..:D ..best 4x4 I've had yet,and I've had at least 10 GM 4x4 trucks over the years..and I got it REAL cheap too..wont say how cheap though,in case I want to sell it someday..:rolleyes:

5. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

so yall chime in on power upgrades, and the first one to mention "banks" is getting a warm dookie mailed to them! i did the search and looked though the diesel chat didnt realy answer any questions i didnt already know whats the "j code" stuff? here in utah any diesel older than 1994 does not require mufflers so..... 3" single,? 2 5/8th dual,? bigger? what power mods will help b4 a turbo? bigger injectors? turn up the pump? help me out here guys.

P.S. my last 6.2 was a super turd in a 84 k5 th400 208 3.73 gears 10 bolts. it had well over 600k on it and wouldnt get out of its own way. i wasted aprox $2200 on a turbo kit and it still didnt run as well as this one does without a turbo. i plan on a turbo later but was wondering the best upgrades to make up until that point in time.

P.S.S. "diesel4me" i looked and it "looks" like a 465, but its got alot of old dry mud. BUT i did have it up to 75mph on the way home and it didnt seam to be screaming past redline (no tach yet) witch seamed a little odd once i thought about it. my old 6.2 didnt have the power to go over 55 even after the turbo.

ALSO: dagnabit why didnt i save the turbo off that 6.turd i didnt even sell the whole truck for as much as i paid for the turbo :doah: :angry1: :shame: