Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bought my first K30 today!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Klink K5, Apr 17, 2003.

1. Klink K5

Klink K5 1/2 ton status

I just picked up an 1986 K30 454, th400, NP205, D60 front, 14bolt FF, 3:73 gear ratio /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif, Hydro Boost, Single rear wheel, regular cab long box, Silverado cab truck. I cant wait to beat the P#ss out of it! /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Has most of the "good" stuff already! Now with a lift, a locker or two, and a set of tire's, Your'e off and runnin! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I cant wait to beat the P#ss out of it!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Hope Wes doesn't read that /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Congrats on the find and purchase...you've got a stout truck. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well.......how much dinero man!

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I cant wait to beat the P#ss out of it!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Hope Wes doesn't read that /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Congrats on the find and purchase...you've got a stout truck. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Too late! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. thatK30guy

Bill, nothing to complain about with the 3.73 gears. They will make highway cruising more pleasurable with better mileage. I would know as I have an '85 K30 with the same stuff you have but 4.10 gears instead. It rides on 35's and still gets me 5 mpg. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif There have been times where I wished it had 3.73 gears so I can drive it for longer trips.

7. Klink K5

Klink K5 1/2 ton status

We'll I wish it had 4:10 gears but you always can't get what you want when you pay little to nothing for a truck like this..... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif This truck will be used on the farm.

8. thatK30guy

Post up some pics. Should save this Silverado for the road trips and get a Custom Deluxe for the farm use. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Klink K5

Klink K5 1/2 ton status

I'll get the pictures of the truck posted up asap. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifI have alot of work ahead of me to make it nice /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif