Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bought my wife a new car. PICs **Update**

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Thunder, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Traded in our Monte Carlo for a 04 Toyota Highlander with only 15K miles. Its nice. My wife wanted a small 4x4. We have been looking since April. I have test drove Just about all the small to mid size SUV/Crossover thingys made. Most were noisy or had a crappy ride. We were going to get an Acura or Lexus 300 or 330. Then Joanne saw the "Poor man's Lexus" sitting on the lot at our local Chevy dealer and fell in love with it. I liked the price better too. Talked them down to $23888.00.:D
    Pretty much the same as a Lexus except for the fit and finish in the interior. Same engine & drive train. Built at the same plant. IMO the Highlander has a better softer ride. Lexus was firmer. I was surprised how fast it is. preforms/handles good
    Gets good gas mileage too.
    Headed out on vacation tomorrow. Going north to Idaho and Montana on highway 93. So I will get to test it out on some good roads.
    Sorry.... No plans for a lift and Swamper's:D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2006
  2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Looks nice. I wish my wife would let me trade her Expedition on one of those for the gas mileage.

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

wise decision. Lexus is nothing more than a Yota with different name tags on it... not sure why people cream their pants over them.

j

4. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Decent exterior design and nicely appointed interior gives it a classy look. Add Toy reliability and an affordable price point and it is is an appealing combo.

5. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

one of my co-workers has one of those same color even... he let me drive it when he got it, theyre nice.

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

nothing "affordable" about a Lexus... well, not for me anyway. Of course, I refuse to go into big-time debt for anything but a house.

j

7. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Take her down to a Toyota dealer and let her drive one. The Highlander limited are really nice.Hate to say it but, the american iron I drove in the same price range /class as the highlander could not even hold a candle to it.

8. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

nooo youve entered the dark side:doah: :haha:

9. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Thanks to You one more Mr. Goodwrench mechanic is out of work:D Fock GM, I gave up on their crappy cars and trucks a few years back. Hell they don't even look good any more, they have nothing left to offer Me.

10. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

a new Z06 wouldnt persuade you?

11. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Well I am so pleased with this car that I have to give an update. Drove it North to Idaho Montana and Wyoming. Mountain roads, interstate, dirt roads,and stop and go city driving and traffic jams in Yellowstone NP.
    I put it thru some mild dirt driving on fishing trips we made. It climbed out of one tore up area with pot holes and loose rocks by Henerys lake pretty good. Ran up and down dirt roads on the Maddison, Henerys Fork, Buffalo, rivers and other lakes and streams in the area. All and all It performed very well for a 4x4 car with no low range. It's no off roader but it will get you around to places 2wd wont go.
    On the road it was great! Plenty of power for passing on steep hills. Very comfortable and a real joy to drive. Handled windy roads at speed good without a lot of body roll. Cruised down the interstate at 80 smooth and quiet. Average MPG for 1366 mile trip was 24 MPG.
    This thread is worthless with out pics.
    [​IMG]
    The Lazy Trout Lodge
    [​IMG]
    The ultimate Tourist shot.:D
    [​IMG]
    :eek1: Bald Eagle and Raven.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2006
  12. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Go to a dealership and slam the door on a new Corvette. The fit and finish just isn't there.

13. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Perhaps if I were still a single guy playing the field. In reality and financially it's not in the cards. I'll stick with My 05' Dodge for now. I am keeping an eye on the 08' Challenger:saweet:

14. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

That raven & eagle shot is too cool. We used to have a crow and a hawk that would fight over the same light pole.

15. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Nope.
    I did drive a Cadillac CTSV when I was out test driving cars. VERRY NICE! I would take one over a Vette any day.

16. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

the door could fall off while i open it and i would still take that z06...or any corvette for that matter