Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

? bout 14blt swap

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by oatsk5, Sep 18, 2005.

1. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

so i got the 14 blt in and hooked up the drive line and noticed that the shaft is at a slight angle to the t-case is this normal mabe i just never noticed it
    before any help would be cool

2. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

it should be at the exact angle that your old 10 bolt was at.

the only way to adjust it is with taperd blocks or shims bolted on to the spring pack. if you didnt change any of the suspension it should be where it was before.

its not bad that its angled up toward the tcase as long as it is just a little. it does this to reduce bind in the driveline

3. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Well, it might be at the same angle. if the center of the spring perch to the nose of the yoke on the diff is longer on the 14 bolt then the 10 then the angle will be slightly steeper.

4. 6.2puller

6.2puller 1/2 ton status

Are you talking left to right or up and down angle. If left to right don't worry about it, it won't hurt. If up and down it will only matter if you have driveline vibrations or not. If it vibrates you will chew up Ujoints and possably, eventually pinion bearings.

5. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

thanks for the replies 6.2puller read my mind i meant left to right sorry for not being more specific this is the first time ive done the swap to 14blt thanx again for the help fellas