Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'Bout got knocked out at work today

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Pure Insanity, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

\'Bout got knocked out at work today

You know the drop light reels that most shops have? Thats what did it. I had a car on the lift and had the light stuffed into the eng. compartment and was raising the car on the lift to go from the underside. All of a sudden for no reason the damn reel decides to release. It had a good 10 feet to build speed before my head got in the lights way. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif All I managed to do was turn my head and it smacked the side of my head by my temple. This was at 11AM. Its been about 12 hrs and the side of my melon is STILL swelled up and sore! I dont think Ive EVER been hit that hard. Last time I got punched it was by a 6'4" football player (16 yrs ago) and it didnt phase me. This stupid light cleaned my clock! Hell the main hoop of the cage I got for my Camaro fell over from a standing position and nailed me in the back of the head and it didnt stayed swelled up this long.

So watch out for those retractable lights. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: \'Bout got knocked out at work today

that sucks /forums/images/icons/frown.gif glad your ok /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Pure Insanity

Thanx. W/in about 20 min I was laughing about it. Then I would laugh too hard and my head would hurt and I would stop. LOL!

4. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

Building the forms on a tall concrete wall, I walked around the corner and a 2x4 brace at eye level dropped me to my knees.

My friends had alot of fun with that black eye /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Man, ya gotta be carefull with yer head. I really recomened going in for an X-ray if you haven't already. Concutions can land ya in a coma in extream cases. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

6. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I'll trade you that 200 lb pipe that fell off of that pole and beaned me on the head. That was 7 months ago and I'm STILL in physical therapy. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

7. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

I think they should give you two weeks off to recover, with full pay of course.

(You have my permission to show this to your boss) /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

8. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

I had a hammer fall off the top of a van while I was adjusting aslideing door. I was wondering where I left it, found out the hard way.

9. Pure Insanity

My father in law worked as a deiel mechanic on air compressors until he retired a few months ago. He was at the shop and heard someone yell, he turned around to see a big chunck of I beam on the overhead hoist get wild and fileted his face. He now has a nice part in his face from it across his nose and forehead. Needless to say he was knocked cold as a tuna. That would be an injury most would retire on nowadays, but this happened years and years ago. Great big facial scar....CHA~~CHING!

10. Pure Insanity

I got a pretty thick melon Paul. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Its still a bit swollen but not nearly as sore. I think it was the rolled seam on the side that did it to me. If I had passed out from it I would have gone to the hosp. This just rattled my cage a bit. LOL!

11. Pure Insanity

OUCH! Glad your OK for the most part. 200 lb pipe could have easily killed you. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif Hope you were wearing a hard hat.

12. Pure Insanity

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I think they should give you two weeks off to recover, with full pay of course.

[/ QUOTE ] LOL! Ill be sure to show this and mention it to my mom and dad who I work for. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif But I dont think itll work. Sympathy yes. Time off...HAHA~~~~~HA!

13. Pure Insanity

I always hated those sliding doors! You know the hooks bodymen use to pull on sheetmetal. Ya know drill an 1/8in hole and slip it in and tug on it. Well I was yankin on one pretty good and it sheared the hook. I flew a few feet and landed on my back, on top of a pair of vice grips I couldnt find. I HATE finding tools the hard way! LOL! I always used the pull rods in multiples after that so if one broke Id have another for back up.