Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bow Hunting

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Hossbaby50, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I was just interested to see if there are any Bow Hunters here. I am not one yet, but I bought and setup a bow last fall that I never got to hunt with. I plan to use it in the near future. My bow is a Parker Hunter Mag. I don't remember all the other stuff on it though. Decent sight, nice release, Carbon arrows, etc.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I was on my road to bow hunting glory last fall until the bow blewed up on me at the range. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

SWEET, another bow-hunter. I love bow-hunting. Been doing it since I was 12 and go a couple of weekends every fall. I have yet to bag a deer with the bow yet. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif My addiction to hunting is just as strong as my addiction to 4x4's. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Well, lets see .... about 20 years ago I shot a deer with a bow and I've never carried a rifle hunting again.

Bow hunting rocks! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

And, of course, we must take a minute to recognize the greatest bow hunter in the United States Ted Nugent.

<ul type="square"> [*] Began bowhunting in 1953 and guitar in 1956. [*] Appointed to Board of Directors of the National Rifle Association, 1995-. [*] Spokesman for National Field Archers Association, Mothers Against Drunk Driving, Big Brothers &amp; Big Sisters, Drug Abuse Resistance Education [*] Named Archery Commissioner by Governor John Engler for the Great Lakes State [*] Director-Michigan's Hunting and Fishing Heritage Task Force. [*] Certified Hunter Safety Instructor &amp; International Bowhunter Education [*] Designer of the Nugent Blade broadheads, Ted Nugent BloodBrother Bow, and signature line of hunting gear. [/list]

Don't forget the numerous State records he has in Colorado, Montana, Michigan and Minnesota for Whitetail deer, Black Bear, Grizzly Bear and Elk.

Try his hunting gear, it's the best there is!

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

ive been bow hunting all my life /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif bow hunting is the only way to hunt in my opinion /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I love it too. Plus the season goes a lot longer than rifle.

7. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

we get 2 seasons for both deer and elk here late aug through late sept prime elk bugling time then mid november till mid december prim for the bucks to be in rut /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

In Wisconsin, our bow-hunting season runs from late September to the end of December. The bow-season is closed at the end of November for the 9 day gun-deer season. I hunt both seasons. I enjoy bow-hunting a lot more because it's more of a challenge and it's much more peaceful in the woods. But, I have had sucess with the gun, so I must say, I like that too. There's nothing like the excitement and addrenaline of opening day of gun-season in Wisconsin /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif You must understand, the 9 day gun-deer season in Wisconsin is practically a holiday. Schools in the northern part of the state are off that whole week. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif