Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bow Tie got keyed....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fortcollinsram, Dec 12, 2001.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Well, my realatively new K5 got its first taste of disrespect up here at college...I learned(along with my pretty blue paint job) that there are still people who are classified as adults that have maturity level of a frickin' 2-year-old... I went to the library last night with my girlfriend. After driving around for like 10 min.(parking places are minimal at the library during finals week) I finally saw back-up lights so I pushed the go pedal and scooted down the parking aisle to try to nab it. I got to the spot, stopped and put my signal on. The car vacated the spot and I stated to swing wid eand pull in...Just as I let off the brake, this guy comes like a bat outta hell into the parking lot and comes to a stop like 2 feet form my left-front fender...He actually though he was gonna get the spot...so I basically just keep going into the spot... he looks all pissed off and pulls behind me (He's in a Isuzu Pup or some Isuzu truck of the like) and he proceeds to flip me off. My girldfriend saw him gimme the bird, I didn't see it...So I park, and my girlfriend and I have a sweet, little kiss (AWWWW, isn't that sweet!) and then decide on what ot take into the library to study. Mean while, I see this guy find another spot and get out and comeover the my Blazer...He obviously was gonna mess with it. As soon as I opend my door and got out, he walked the other way. Well, I knew he was gonna F**K with it so I went to his truck and got his tag written down...

About 4 hours later, I came out of the Library but because of the heavey frost that had accumulated, I couldn't see anything...So i put it off...

This morning, I woke up and he had keyed both sides of my truck [​IMG]. The drver side isn't too bad (even though it goes from the headlight to tail light). The passenger side is meesed up pretty good. got down to the bare metal and removed quite a bit of paint on the door...

Well, what can I do gang? I have his tag number but no evidence that he did it. What can I do to prevent the paint from chipping off further? thanks for any help and for those who actually read all of the above ramblings...thanks for lettin me vent off some steam

Later,

Chris

Was that a speed bump? No, just a Rice Rocket </font color=red> <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/fortcollinsram>My 87 Blazer</a>

2. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

Man, that sucks, unfortunitaly, I dont see that there is any real legal action you can take becuse you dont have anyreal proof, that he did it. Maybe you could look around for an eye witness, or maybe although unlikely, if there happened to be a security camera near by. Other than that I dont know what to tell ya. Since the truck is old you probably only have liability insurance I'm guessing, If you have full coverage, i would make a claim, becuase its not going to be cheap, but you ae going to need to get it taken care of, especialy since it goes down to the metal.
    Ike

Spreading The K5 Gospel!

3. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

HEy dude-
    really sorry to hear about this kind of crap.
    I am afraid of the same kind of thing happening where i go to college.
    One of the first days i started going there with the top off, someone decided to stick their gum all over my steering wheel.
    Bummer dude. Hope you have full coverage and you can get insurance to take care of it for you.

No evidence? No security cameras? Payback is a bitch huh?
    I'm not even going to say what that guy's paint, windows, and tires should look like on his car. I won't even talk about punching a hole in his diff cover, oil pan, brake lines, etc.

[REAL MEN DON"T CARE ABOUT GAS MILEAGE!]
    Ryan B.

4. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear that...I can think of a ton of things that I would like to do (and if that had happend to me during finals I might have just done) but I think I would start by finding out his name and address. I would than contact him in writing asking for repayment for the damage done. If no attempt at repayment is made I would (long list to come): notify the school, notify his parents[​IMG], notify his work, notify his insurance agent, and sue him in small claims court (I don't think that the small claims court would get you anywere but with the pressure from all sides he might just do the right thing). Good luck!

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>

5. fortcollinsram

Hey Harley, If you read this...keep you eyes open for a LITTLE cream colored Isuzu truck (Late 80's, Early 90's) with plates that read: 711-CWA around campus thats the little punk that did it...[​IMG]

Was that a speed bump? No, just a Rice Rocket </font color=red> <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/fortcollinsram>My 87 Blazer</a>

6. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Oh...I would also post pics of his truck type thing all over campus asking if anyone saw him key your car.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>

7. lifted95z71

lifted95z71 1/2 ton status

find his address tell him you watched him do it and if he pays you wont call the cops. as if the cops would put down thier doughnuts long enough to do anything anyway. just remember YOU SAW HIM DO IT throught e library window.

8. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

That's what I'd do. Bluff and say you saw him do it. See what he says.

Don't hit me, Mr. Moderator... I'll go back on topic... I swear![​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

9. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

Here's what I would do. First off, I would get online or call the DMV and find his name, address, phone number etc. Then I would mail him a letter, place one in his mailbox by hand and call him. This way he knows that you know his address, where he lives and his phone number. I would tell him that I saw him do it and if he pays for it, I won't call the cops. If he refuses, I would find some little high school punks, give them all of his information and tell 'em to have fun. I wouldn't want to actually do the stuff just in case he has people watching his stuff. Also, if you get his email address, you can get on a true underground hacker site, give out his addy and forget about it. I know it's not the same as messing with someone's ride, but he would probably have to buy a new computer or at least do some serious work on it. I dunno, just rambling I guess. Sorry about what happened. I hate stupid people.

Diesel

Shouldn't it be called uncommon sense?

10. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

say you were walking back to the truck when you saw him. or if you could have seen through the libary window, go with that one. do not say, i saw from the library whin it is blocked.

I agree, bluff and see if he calls bulls!th. it is worth a try. if that does not work, i have no idea what sawed off hockey sticks do to rear,side and wing windows and/or taillights and headlights...just my .02

-zakk

'77 1-Ton K5

[​IMG] CK5's MOAB 2002 OR BUST!! [​IMG]

11. wheelnut46

wheelnut46 1/2 ton status

Isnt it amazing what people will do over a parking place? It was not his parking place to begin with, yet he felt entitled to it. When you got it instead of him, he was angry like a spoiled little girl.
    I think you should do your best to find out who he is, (does the college require parking permits?) and make his life miserable. Not right away - be patient. His human emotion was anger, and he expressed it inapproprietly. Your human emotion is REVENGE! - Have fun with it.

'77 GMC Jimmy

12. fortcollinsram

Thanks gang...I think I am gonna call the DMV and see if I can't get his addy. Then I'll write him a letter and call him and tell him about that there was a security camera on th ebuilding and that I have a witness (enven though there is no camera and I have yet to find a witness) Maybe this wil scare thi crap outta him and he'll pay me at leats some money...

13. CooknwithGas

CooknwithGas 1/2 ton status

In Texas, you can go to any county office where you get your car tags and show them your driver's license and they will give you a printout of the name, address, etc. for about three bucks. That is your first step. Unless you have a good friend who is a cop and it's free.

If you kiss your honey, and her nose is runny
    you may think it's funny, but itsnot

14. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I hate when people F$*K with other people's car's..He did,you know deep down he did it! The cops will not do anything about it ether...It's a good excuse to now Rhino line the exterior of your blazer now[​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>Cryptic Collection</a>

15. 84silverK5

84silverK5 Registered Member

Personally i think writing him a letter isnt going to do a damn thing, if he has the guts to go key your car, hes not going to get scared of some letter, the revenge ideas are the best i think, just make them fool proof, make sure no one is watching his car, and do some Damage, that poking a hole in the diff idea was nice i never thought of that, just do something that will take him a few hours or days to figure out, and by the time he figures out that all his Diff fluid is gone, or there is Sugar in his gas tank, or whatever it will be too late, oh yea, Tell us what you did im anxious to know....

16. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

without question, you or one of your buddies saw this guy do it.
    in fact, i'm pretty sure i saw him do it. a cream colored isuzu, right? yeah, that was the guy. i didn't say anything cause i thought he was keying a bronco!

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

17. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I had this happen to my truck once. I didn't know who did it though. I'll keep my eyes open. You should drain all the fluids out of his truck. Pop the diff cover, drain the oil and trans oil, drain his radiator, and rip out his valve stems. To bad we aren't in Phoenix. I know plenty of people there that would be more then happy to do dasterdly deeds to him and his property. But I'll see what I can do here.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

18. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I wouldn't do any revenge type ideas cause then you'll be sinking to his level. Just say, "I've got a witness who says they saw you keying my truck. Just pay me for the damages and we'll be square. If not, then I'll turn your plate into the cops." and see what happens. He can go to the library and find out if there was a camara or not, so that might not work.

Don't hit me, Mr. Moderator... I'll go back on topic... I swear![​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

19. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

Personaly i would take a baseball bat to his window or his balls maybe. If you can get his email address to me i will send him one or two of my nasty computer viruses for you!

DUKE
    Girls Like My V8
    <a target="_blank" href=http://bluechevyk5.8k.com/>http://bluechevyk5.8k.com/</a>
    85 K5 <font color=blue>Big Blue</font color=blue>

20. wheelnut46

wheelnut46 1/2 ton status

FYI- that guy, the one who keyed your car; he’s a sociopath. If he is sick enough to key a car over a parking space – he’s a nut. Guys do sick, twisted and ballsy stuff when they’re in a car with 4 friends – if he was alone and did this – he’s a weirdo.
    That said its also good to know that a guy who would key a strangers car is not going to open his checkbook to you because you’re kind enough to write him a letter. He’s not afraid of the law, or he wouldn’t have broken it. If he catches you, you’re in bigger trouble than he is.
    I like the drain the fluids idea. Oil would be the best – but that pesky oil pressure gauge or worse – idiot light will give it away. Transmission or Differential fluid are great ideas, as is the antifreeze. But remember to be environmentally friendly. Breaking keys off in the door locks is something that could be done rather quickly, while walking by, into the library. Super gluing the windshield wipers to the windshield is a low impact trick that wont be noticed until the next rainy day. Pulling all 4 valve stems right out of the wheels is effective – but noisy. I have even heard of someone trapping a skunk and putting it an enemy’s car overnight – what a surprise the next morning – but I do not have the guts for that one. Let your imagination and your conscience be your guide – but whatever you do – DON’T GET CAUGHT! The ironic thing would be for you to be legally responsible to repair HIS car.

'77 GMC Jimmy