Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bowling for Columbine

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Apr 3, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I don't know if there has been a thread about this but I want to start a little one. My dad and I rented it last night and watched it tonight. I expected a strongly anti-gun movie with some comedy and such in it. I got something much different. I think its a film lots of people should see.

2. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

Are you aware of the shithead that directed that movie? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I would never spend a drop of My money on sh!t like that. That fat c***sucker Michale Moore is making a profit off the death of those kids /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Fawwker should have that sh!t kicked out of his fat ass.

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

That movie pissed me off! The only good thing they had to say was a bout Canada, and i already liked Canada.

They interviewed all the gun nuts. No sane person, The only sane comment was from a Militia guy who was pissed off the other guy in the interview wanted to use a M16 for home defense, he started an argument qabout overpenetration and they cut him off. Then they interviewed that crazy OKC bomber brother whatever.

Oh and those [darn] Columbine pussy kids! WHAT THE [darn]!

Oh hey these are the 9mm bullets that killed all those kids and are in these kids bodies.

NO THEY AREN'T THEY'RE CARTRIDGES! AND THE BULLETS THAT SHOT THOSE STUPID KIDS ARE ROTTING WITH THEM AND IN THOSE TWO REACTIONARY ****S!

Then he says soemthing to the effect that 9mm should be banned. Yeahhhhhh......

He's playing with a damn gun like its a toy in the bank, and in the barbershop he drps all the cartridges all over. I would beat his ugly ass to [darn] if I was there and saw him fondling a gun like his shriveled dick!

And then he has the balls to blame poor people's conditions for a little girl getting shot! [darn] that! Quit having kids, you don't need to [darn] like bunnies! If you can;t suppor a baby, don't have one, if you can't get a job, move.

What I really really really hate is that Charlton Heston can't argue his way out of a paper bag. What a loser!

It's a film about two or three blanket issues that's one sided and very [darn] idiotic.

I had hope in the middle. When they blamed the news. I hate the news and it's cut off on a fear moment. "Stay tuned or die!" Yeah sure, I'll go back to reblueing my 1911 thank you.

If I had the money I'd make a point for point rebuttal film called "Offroading for America".

Intro ---

What was RJ doing the morning before he shot a drugged up rapist in the park, well.... he was offroading....

Anyway I know most of this is discoordinated and angry, but I didn;t want to take a lot of time arguing over the stellar piece of [darn] this movie is.

If anyone want a point for point discussion of the issues involved though I'll be glad to be calm and rational.

5. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

Well said

6. Resurrection_Joe

I dunno about that, kind of badly articulated, but the point is swimming around in there somewhere

7. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

I wont spend a dime of my money to see it.

http://www.revoketheoscar.com/

check that out and then let me know what you think.

A documentary cannot have fictional or "theorized" content, of which his movie has. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I agree with a lot of what you said, when he got the gun in the bank I turned to my dad and said, wow he sure was taught gun safety. The media thing and the different events in US history were the things I liked the most about it all. They are subjects rarely touched on in a mass marketed piece of media. Everyones too afraid to do it. The little cartoon and section where they were almost blaming things on anything african for scaring us was quite funny and stupid in my opinion. I had my Hedgehog in my lap during the movie, I picked her up and said, "see that, you are the reason for the decline of society", she is an african breed of hedgehog. I'm not saying it was the greatest film, there were surely things that made me go, wtf? but there were also thinks that made you think, something that rarely happens in america anymore. For those reasons alone I feel it is worth seeing. You are correct, charlton heston was a horrible part of the film, but if he had someone speak for him it would have looked bad as well. He needs to retire I'd say, hes done his thing as the famous figurehead. I loved the interview with Marilyn Manson, that was another thing you don't ever get to hear publicly.

9. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

"rarely touched on in a mass marketed piece of media. Everyones too afraid to do it."

no they arent
    im not affraid to do it
    there are hundreds of people who arent affraid
    but its your the viewer who is affraid to hear it, and will stop watching commercials, no money off the air

if people werent so pansie, there would be alot more stuff than there is..."mass marketed" its designed to make everyone like it, aggrivate noone, not out of fear, out of the interest of money

10. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

[ QUOTE ]
    Fawwker should have that sh!t kicked out of his fat ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to do far worse to that pathetic waste of sub-human flesh. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

11. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

<<What I really really really hate is that Charlton Heston can't argue his way out of a paper bag. What a loser!>>

By the time this movie was made, Mr. Heston was firmly in the grip of alzheimers disease. The fact that michael moore would go after a sick old man like that is proof he's an intellectually bankrupt overweight piece of (darn).

Tom /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

12. Resurrection_Joe

Tecton -

Unfortunately, all the people who are not afraid to do it aren't funded well enough to make documentaries like that. Let's buy a camera and make a documentary!

Sleddy -

Yeah I liked the interview with Manson, I really like that guy. He's kind of campy at times, but in the end he's an honest political guy.

I think that African cartoon was made by the southpark guys. I really like the interview with one of the South Park people. They talked about how high school is touted as being so important, and really it isn't. I hated it! I don’t want myself as a person to be degenerated to a letter grade or number score personally.

Man if I got that rifle with my bank account, I'd be shopping for a scope. What no scope?

Then the interview with the crazy guy "He puts the gun to his head and cocks it." Fine but where's the other cross section, where's Joe workaday with his SIG or Ruger or 1911 and his kids?

I think the only good thing the movie said was about the news. The news is totally full of [darn].

Charton Heston wouldn't argue why he came to the site of a shooting? I can argue that with no pants! "Well, it seems you have an obvious problem with irresponsible gun use, we're here to educate and protect." Well what about the police Mr. RJ? "They're overworked, I sent them all to Glamis".

And then he blames big business! WHEN DID IT BECOME A CRIME IN AMERICA TO MAKE A [darn] DOLLAR! THE MOST HATED AREN'T THE CRACKHEADS WHO KILL YOUR CHILDREN, THEY'RE THE CORPORATIONS THAT LAYED HIM OFF FROM HIS MACDONALD’S JOB!

I think Heston retired or was retired. He had Alzheimer and stepped down.

The whole film is also an excuse to show all those Columbine videos. Yeah we're learning about why guns are bad, so we can justify leaning forward eagerly as people die, JUST LIKE THE [darn] NEWS THEY ARE BLAMING!

Now I know I am talking theoretic here, and I don't know if I would or would not be a hero in the same situation, but if you and I were one of the SIX [darn] HUNDRED kids in the library with ONE little bitch gunman, don't you think a desk to the head to make him drop his stance and a bum rush with a table would take him down, hell a mad rush of 20 kids would have taken him down. Sure some would be shot, but what’s better, praying to your impotent gods or taking an action and [darn] up his day 10,000 times over. Hell, if I had come to the realizations I did in my last year of high school, earlier, I would have been deep carrying a Bersa .380! School is one of the most dangerous places on earth. They can't search you, and if it never comes out but in life or death it's ok. Hell, I would give a 1911 to my shop teacher and history teacher and not carry at all, maybe have a large pipe handy in all classes.

Another raving point. The US dropped a bunch of bombs on Kosovo the same morning as Columbine! YEAH AND IN A PERFECT WORLD 2 DEGENRATES WHO BROUGHT GUNS AND BOMBS TO SCHOOL WITH THE INTENT TO KILL SRUDENTS WOULD BE BLOODSTAINS ON THE [darn] WALL! THANK YOU JANITOR RJ FOR YOUR MOP BUCKET HOLSTER!

GOD [darn] DAMN IT CHRIST NAILED TO A [darn] PLANK! [darn] [darn] [darn]!

*anger anger anger*

They blame Americans paranoia in life for gun crime? Well here I am, with my 1911, which I know how to operate, disassemble, and clean. I know how to shoot and carry and reload it. It is now unloaded and stored on top of my 6-foot tall gun cabinet. I live with no children. I have never killed anything with that gun. It is ready to do so though. The shotgun sleeping underneath has killed hundreds of living things in its life through many generations. The 1911 is a different type of weapon. I hope though it's 50,000 round life it never has to punch holes in the hearts of men, but that it shall be ready to.