Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bowtie overdrive tranny questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Dunc03, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Dunc03

Dunc03 1/2 ton status

I'm looking at buying a tranny form Bowtie Overdrive. I know they start with a core from a 88-93, with a 30 spline input shaft. IS that the same for a 86. I want to use the level two to go behind my 350 H.O. that will push 330 HP. Will this thing bolt up directly to my motor and transfer case, as far as the input and output shafts go. I know that being a 7004r it will actually bolt to both, but will the shafts hook up right. Has anyone put one of these trannies in their rig. If so I'd like to hear from you on how it performs. If anyone has any other suggestions on other brands I might try I'm all ears. Thanks for the help. Oh yeah here is the link if you want to check out there website Bowtie overdrive

2. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

If you currently have a 86 with a 700r4 and a 208 it will bolt right in. I'd give those guys a call. I've talked to them more than once and they are very helpful.

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

You should be fine. The last year they used 27 tooth inputs on the full size trucks was 1984. They were all 30 tooth after that.
    I think the output shafts have always been 27 tooth on all of them.

4. Dunc03

Dunc03 1/2 ton status

hey guys thanks for all the help and info. And the transfer case is a 208. thanks again