Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bowtie overdrives question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by obijuan, Jan 13, 2007.

1. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

im shopping over at BTO and i am missing my lockup function on my 700 it was rebuilt by aamco by the PO and they never hooked up the lockup. the stock wires are plugged into the trans but the other ends are nowhere to be found. this kit from BTO, (linked below) will this be just an unplug the stock trans wires in the trans and plug these in and wire it to my brake switch? it says the complete kit includes internal and external wires necessary for installation. basically my question is what does this kits intallation include? drop the pan? or just a simple replacement of wires that are visible?? theyre closed for the weekend so i would call them but its pretty urgent i get this installed before wed. LOL its a long long long shot, but im trying.

http://www.bowtieoverdrives.com/catalog/catalog.php?Action=GETSUBCAT&CATID=OA1A3

thanks a whole lot

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Are you saying that the outside square plug is connected but none of the wires inside the pan are hooked up to the switches? If this is the case just take it to a tranny shop and have them drop the pan and wire it correctly for you. There are a couple different types of switches in a 700R4 with a couple different ways of wiring depending on what switches are in there.

3. obijuan

i have not dropped the pan to check but since it was rebuilt fairly recently to stock specs im assuming it is. with thses tranny shops here i just dont know. i hope to god they are! what i mean is all the external wires i can see and touch. the external plugs are plugged in to the trans itself and then go up the bellhousing and end unplugged or go into the firewall i cant really decipher which is which cause its hard to get by fat head back there to see well enough.

what i am wondering if i can just use the external part of this kit and plug it in basically.

its in an 85 k5 350 700 208.
    thanks 4x4high for this one and all the other times you helped me out.

4. obijuan

ok i did a little better looking on BTO.com and found just the external kit.
    does this look like it will solve my problem? i think it will. also where is my brake switch?

5. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Your brake switch is attached to the brake pedal assembly and obviously will have some wires going to it.

6. CB77GMC

CB77GMC 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I Just installed BTO's internal kit. Easy to do only need to drop pan. :D Made my own external by using BTO's pics.

Normal
    [​IMG]

Option for towing
    [​IMG]

7. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

You cant just use their external kit, since yours could be wired differently internally and wouldnt help you any. Their external kit is made so that they dont have to custom wire a tranny for every application.