Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bowtie overdrives

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sandawgk5, Dec 23, 2003.

1. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Has anyone had any experience with these guys I am looking for a new tranny and intend on a doubler they quoted me their stage 2 700r4 with the short shaft for the 203 already installed for $1250. Is that a good price and are their trannys any good?

2. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Several people on here are happy with theirs. Search a bit a bit, there are several references to them in here....I don't recall ever seeing a dissatisfied customer (on here)....

3. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

I have their 200R4 Stage-2 in my 71 ElCamino.
    Very good trans, good customer service.

4. Yohinan

Yohinan 1/2 ton status

I have had three trannies built by them. None were for a 4X though. The first two I had done I was completely satisfied with however, I was living in CA at the time. My job moved me to NC and when it came time for another tranny I thought of no one else because of the quality of service and the quality of their parts. When I got the new tranny shipped to me I was a little disappointed as the wiring harness inside the tranny was wrong even though they knew what I was installing it in. Finally got that all worked out and installed the tranny after doing the work myself and using my own parts. After about 8 months the tranny went south and I had to send it back to them. Finally get the tranny back and now I am missing my big dollar torque converter that they said I had to send them due to diagnosing issues. They overnighted their top of the line converter but it was still not even close to as nice as the one I sent them. Eventually they worked everything out and I was satisfied. I did not pay for the shipping either way for the fix and they sent me the converter at no charge. Also the tranny was fixed under warranty with no cost out of my pocket. Only thing I did not like is getting a return phone call was a little hard but I have had worse. Would I use them again? If I was still in CA one word, DEFINATELY! If I was not in CA, proablably but if I could not find a decent tranny shop in my area the answer again would be DEFINATELY! Hope that info helps you out. John

5. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

i have their stage 2 in my 77 K25. I broke the advance adapters output shaft and they are going to fix it while I wait, and take care of the warranty w/ AA, no cost to me. I live a couple hrs from them so I will deliver it myself. I plan to drop the trans today to take it to them this coming week. Ill let you know if Im less than satisfied!

mike