Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bowtie tranny

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mccomas, Apr 5, 2004.

1. mccomas

mccomas 1/2 ton status

just received my new bowtie tranny. these folks are some of the best customer service that I have dealt with in some time; about as perfect as you can get. within 12 days of placing my order, the tranny was at my door - coast to coast… all of their tech/install write-ups are well written and appear to provide sufficient information (this is my first ever tranny install). i will post additional feedback once i get it installed…

[​IMG]

2. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Dave sweet looking tranny. I just got mine back on the road, Let me know if you want help ok. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

What company makes those? That's awful shiny /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif What did you pay all together? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. micah

micah 1/2 ton status

Yeah, Bowtie Overdrives ( http://bowtieoverdrives.com ) ships the tranny with the natural aluminum finish. Unlinke many tranny makers that will spray paint the case.

I agree that they have excellent customer service. I was headed to vaction in LA for christmas 2002 so I stopped by the shop and was impressed with the hands on service. I was especially impressed to witness the installation into the test vehicles so they could "feel" the tranny rather than trust test bench.

Overall, I did pretty well I think... I got the level 3 and saved tax by ordering over the phone before i left TX, then I saved shipping by picking it up, and they had a 10% christmas sale going too.

5. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

Looks good, what level is it? I'm planning on a level 3 myself /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif