Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BowtieRed back in COMMISSION!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BowtieRed, Sep 30, 2003.

1. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

after the month long ordeal, er tranny swap, she works!!! drove it around the block twice- and granny is disgustingly low. only problem is the tailshaft is bent and tranny fluid is being thrown out the slip yoke. i also overfilled the case, so do you think it will die down even though the tailshaft is a little bent? but it runs!!! idle is a little weird and it's running rich. . . . BUT IT RUNS!

and i turned my straight pipes out to the side a little. . .AND IT THROWS A ONE FOOT BLUE FLAME WHEN I REV IT!!!!! ok, i'm so happy, than you all for the help, and comments and tips, i could not have done it without you guys, and thank you all again. special thanks to rene and bigorangejimmy80- thanks again!
    Red

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

so what ever happened with the clutch? and where the heck are the flame pictures you tease..way to go /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

woohoo congrats man!! i hope to do the same thing someday!! ill be askin ya for help! nice job!

4. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

bigorangejimmy80? not sure i know him. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

it was no problem brother. too bad i couldn't make it up there to help you though.

CONGRATS! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. BowtieRed

flame pics tomorrow night, too late now- will disturb the neighbor(hood) and i'm not sure the visibility of the flame during daytime. runs a little rough with the month or so of 'offness' and with a little carb tuning (yes after i take the pictures) it'll be awesome. . . .wow 1st throws me back even with 3.73s!!!! YEEEEEEEE!

6. Curtis2kul

Curtis2kul Registered Member

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
    so, i guess you'll be driving to school tommoro? By the way, do you have aol instant messanger?

7. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

theres something about killing your self and hearing it fire up that keeps you motavated. cool deal /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

8. BowtieRed

possibly. my dad is being a jerk about the situation though, so i can't say what he'll say tomorrow morning. i hope. yes, for all interested my AOL screen name is SpartanWR23