Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BOWTIE'S OVERDRIVE?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CHEVY 4WD, Nov 3, 2003.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

BOWTIE\'S OVERDRIVE?

Well, Ive know my 700R4 has been hurt for a wile so ive been saving up for a NEW tranny I want to stay with a OD and planed on getting a Stage 3 700R4 from bowties overdrive, I seem to rember someone here having one and I was just wonding how you like it and if there really that hard to install and get the TV right... Ive never put in a 700R4 or really did much to one besides change the fluid and filter. I was also wonding what yall think about a manual lock up converter

2. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Re: BOWTIE\'S OVERDRIVE?

I'm saving for the same thing right now. If you havn't given them a call yet I highly recommend it. They know their stuff, and with a lifted rig and bigger tires they recommend the manual lock up as well. They don't just try to get you to buy it, they explain the pros and cons of each part and how they affect us as wheelers too. I spent a good hour on the phone getting all the details with them and figuring out exactly what I needed.

Setting up the TV cable isn't to difficult they give you step by step instructions as how to do it. And you will have to call them back and give them a bunch of info after it's been installed anyway before they will honor the warranty. So if you have any problems they are just a call away to help get it fixed.

Much better service than the guys down at PATC that build the craptors. I've heard nothing but bad stuff about them, and most of it from guys here. I tried to deal with them first before I started doing research here and the guys were jerks both on the phone and in e-mails. I'd never do buisness with them, but hey thats just me.

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have a built 700 with a lock up converter that is disconnected right now. I am ordering the B&M light truck mega shifter with the handle equipped with the 12v button. I will obviously wire the button in for my manual lock up. I think the manual lock up is much better because with mine anyway I will be able to lock the converter in ANY gear which I think will be nice for mud runs because there won't be any slipping and heat buildup normally associated with autos. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. k5guyva

k5guyva 1/2 ton status

I'm having mine rebuilt as we speak. It was highly recommended to me to use a TransGo kit.

TransGo site

5. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

The thing that makes thier trans better is that they replace the sun gear or somthing like that in the 700 it is the part that tends to break with alot of engine. I dont know of any other comp. that change it out they all use stock prts with hyperformance bands and the every day shifft kit stuff.