Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

box ideas needed

Discussion in 'Audio' started by mudhog, Jul 31, 2003.

1. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i have a big box in the back of my blazer with 2 12's in it i would like to take that out and make a smaller box for each one on each side in back. something like from the wheel-wells all the way to the back. anyone have anything like this or any ideas?

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Look at some of greg72's pics of what he's done....sweet set-up /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Just what your looking for /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. mudhog

post a link /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

The posts from Greg are pretty old. Greg's sub boxes albums

Here's a pretty good page from someone building the type box you want. click here

A bunch of folks have made the design you are thinking of.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    The posts from Greg are pretty old. Greg's sub boxes albums

Here's a pretty good page from someone building the type box you want. click here

A bunch of folks have made the design you are thinking of.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a newer link to the stereo stuff:

http://www.norcalbigdawgs.net/Gallery/album26

You're second link made me laugh......that's another CK5 member from Florida (Chris?) He's a boat builder/repair guy by trade which is why he did all that fiberglass stuff.

Do you want to guess who designed those boxes for him? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

6. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

yeah I know you did the design... he just has a good page to illustrate everything.

It took a bit of searching to find your old link. I figured you'd have a more handy one.

7. Blazn88

Blazn88 Registered Member

PM me and I'll e-mail you some pics of mine.. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

8. mudhog

right where you have the monster caps is where i would like to put my speakers
    [​IMG]

9. mudhog

pm sent

10. Blazn88

Blazn88 Registered Member

Sent you an e-mail with pics of my setup in my Jimmy. Hope it helps. Any questions, PM me or e-mail me... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

11. mudhog

any more ideas?

12. Greg72

[ QUOTE ]
    any more ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mudhog....what are you asking us for? With two 12" subs, there aren't going to be a lot of "hiding places"... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

How much box volume does each one require? Do you want them ported or sealed?

Here are a couple ideas, these may or may NOT work depending on box requirements:

1. Install in two smaller boxes behind the rear wheel wells toward the tailgate. (BTDT a few times, based on pics I've seen posted)
    2. Intall in two smaller boxes FORWARD of the rear wheel wells toward the B-Pillar area. Angle speaker face to provide rear seat access from passenger side (Greg72 style box)
    3. Install under seats (yeah right!) 12's will probably never fit
    4. Build a huge but shallow overhead box in the rear cargo area....assuming you don't ever pull the top off anyway.
    5. Build a metal box into the rear floor under the carpet. Fire the speakers straight up and cover with strong mesh material for strength.

More clues please! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. mudhog

i would like to put a pair of speakers in this spot(see pic below) i have no clue about how to build the box as i don't know much about air space and stuff like that /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif i have 2 6in round speakers in the doors for front sound (1 in each door) and i have a pair of 6x9's in front of the wheel wells and would like to put the 12s i have in the back just for some extra bass. the box i have them in now is huge /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif and takes up all the room in back /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif so i would just like to put them in a box on each side so i can still have some room in the back /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif this is where i would like to put them
    [​IMG]

14. Greg72

So you want to put them in the back of MY truck?????

COOOOL!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously, you will have to find out something about those speakers and the air volume they require. If you can get a model number, maybe we can help you find the specs. That's step one....

15. mudhog

they are old but they were free lol they are hart professional onyx series model #sw-300 serial #494396 /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

16. Greg72

[ QUOTE ]
    they are old but they were free lol they are hart professional onyx series model #sw-300 serial #494396 /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's all you have for specs, you'd better get on GOOGLE and do a few keyword searches or something

Hart Onyx
    Hart Subwoofer
    Hart SW-300

etc.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif