Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Boy Do I love Jegs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by PsRumors, Nov 29, 2006.

1. PsRumors

PsRumors 1/2 ton status

Anyone else buy from Jegs? I forgot to pickup intake manifold bolts for the new Edelbrock going on. I go to Jegs website to order a set.

They state if ordered by 7:00 PM EST the order will ship same day. It's 6:55 PM by my PC so my hopes are not up that it will ship today.

I check order status....sure enough, shipped, tracking number and all. FedEx will have it here tomorrow.

2. k204dr

k204dr 1/2 ton status

yep, their service is always good for me.

3. makovai

makovai 1/2 ton status

hmmm, wonder if they have proportioning valves? I'm gonna go check there website.

4. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

I have been very impressed with Jegs. Although I wish them and summit hadn't started tacking $10 on for handling or whatever they charge you for now. They're still the cheapest, just not as cheap as they were a couple years ago :D

5. 64suburban

64suburban Registered Member

Jegs is cheeper than Summit, I always thought that Jegs was more expensive? I'll have to check them out again.

6. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Nah, my experience is that they're either dead on or Summit is sliiightly cheaper.

I just remember getting a Christmas catalog from Jeg's with some ... well-equipped young ladies on the cover, skimpy Santa's elves costumes.

I misread the "JEGS" on the cover as "JUGS", was shocked at work! :doah:

-- A

7. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

I normally use Summit because the first experience I had with Jegs got me a little upset. I ordered a cylinder head from Summit (they only had one in stock) and then ordered the other through Jegs. After a couple days I called for a status and they said it was backordered. Their site said nothing about it though. I like Summits site more since they have the in stock qty posted.

Their prices are pretty much the same on most things though.

8. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

I love Summit. I ordered a PowerMaster 140 amp alternator a few months ago. The Honey-do list got in the way of putting it in the blazer for 3 months.

I finally go to install it...Crap! I ordered the wrong one. I had gotten one for a K30 454 and needed a Sub 454 alt.

I called summit and they said ok to an exchange, even after 3 months. I shipped the old one on my dime and they shipped the new one no cost.

9. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Jegs always packs the box full of stickers, catalogs, and hats. everything I have ordered came quickly. I like summits website better for searching if you do not know exactly what you are looking for.

10. blazersnburban

blazersnburban Registered Member

jegs hats thats funny u mention them ...i bet i have 20 of those yellow hats

11. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

I usually order from summit, only because they are on this side of the country for me and as a result when I order somthing before about 5pm my time it will get here the next day. But I have ordered from both and to date havent had any bad experiences with either. Its really cool that you can mail order something and get it so quickly. Many times if my local speed shop doesnt have something I need Ill go through summit because by the time my speed shop orders it I can order it from summit and long already have it.

12. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

my speed shop is faster then jegs and summit. If he doesn't have it, he will the next day. and he floats me till payday if I don't have the money right then. sometimes jegs/summit is just cheaper and I can wait.

13. cabledawg

cabledawg Secret Squirrel Premium Member

Funny, I never got a hat from JEGS. I have never had any trouble from either one. Sometimes JEGS has what I need, sometimes its Summit. I also use JC Whitney for those generic parts or so-so upgrades for my Burb. I've gotten the dual exhaust kits for both my Burbs from JC whitney with free shipping because I spent over 70 bucks. No handling charges. Just had to throw that in there.