Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Boy does this kill the motivation...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by kennyw, Feb 25, 2006.

1. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Started bolting on a freshly turned flywheel to the 350 V8 in my Jimmy today... only to notice a clunk when I turned the flywheel. Found the back of the crank can turn +/- 5 degrees before the front of the crank starts to follow :doah:

Backup plan... well long term plan was to replace the motor with a 6.2L anyway so I thought I'd start tearing down the 6.2L I had on the engine stand instead... found a chunk of steel floating around in the oil pan of that one and couldn't find where it came from on the motor. I'm sure it is the reason the crank snapped in that motor though (see a pattern here yet?). But on closer inspection I found the webs of the block cracked on the 6.2 as well so that block is junk now... :doah: :doah:

And I sold my spare 6.2L motor thinking I'd be pulling the 6.2 out of my new M1028 for the Jimmy anyway when I swapped the cummins into the 1 ton. But don't have time for that right now. Think I'll have to fix the tranny in the 1 ton next and start driving that truck first till I sort out the rest for the Jimmy. Still got 3 months till memorial day weekend right?

2. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

That doesn't sound too good. :eek1:

3. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

That really sucks Kenny...

4. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Sounds a little like my luck:( If you find an engine out this way or in between, I'd be glad to haul it for ya. For that matter, I've probably got a 350 crank laying around somewhere.

5. Big Truck

Big Truck 1/2 ton status

If your looking for a 6.2 I bought an 86 3/4 2wd 6.2 for parts and interior didn't have any plans for the 6.2 it doesn't run, I think it might be the injector pump, cranked over good, no fuel at the injectors.

6. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

if kenny doesn't want that 6.2 engine - how much are you looking to get out of it?

7. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

8. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

that's sold, i think. if not, it's not worth the price. :) $700 is a little high.

9. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I have a line on one now just down the road for $50... should be able to tear it down and rebuild it with parts from the two motors.