Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BOY, I AM PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by thatK30guy, Jun 7, 2001.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Yep, you read that right!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

I just got in here for the day and see Dans post of not going to post anymore pics from the TTC!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

That damn, f---ing TexasCruiser had to ruin the whole thing for us!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

This shows you the spies we have in this site especially coming over from the crappy 'pirate4x4.com' site!!!!!! [​IMG]

WTF do they think they are doing? Why do you think they have their own site? Guess its not good enough for them, so they have to come to a REAL SITE to get better reviews!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All in favor of banning 'pirate4x4.com' raise your right hand and say 'aye'.......errr.....type in a reply of 'aye'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

<font color=red>I m so we Todd did.
    I m sofa king we Todd did.</font color=red>

2. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I still don't know what's going on [​IMG]. I'm lost! I must have missed something![​IMG]
    Besides, which texas cruiser? I'm in Texas remember, so I can kick some butt if I need too!

<font color=red>I'm a psychic amnesiac. I know in advance what I'm going to forget. </font color=red>

3. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Aye!!! I was pretty annoyed about that too. I say we make Pirate4X4.com walk the plank!

I'm so poor I can't even pay attention [​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://pugsley.coloradok5.com>http://pugsley.coloradok5.com</A>

4. muddin4fun

What the hell is going on!!!! Please! Someone answer me!!!!!
    [​IMG] &lt;-----he's a smily that's yelling [​IMG]

<font color=red>I'm a psychic amnesiac. I know in advance what I'm going to forget. </font color=red>

5. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

ok this is the dumbest thing i have ever heard of!!!!! why dose it matter who see's the picts.....i dont see a prob with it...and there is nothin wrong with pirate4x4.com...i visit that site as much if not more than here.....both have good information...whats the big deal.....its just a picture...they dident take credit for taking the picts..so i dont see a issue...quit bitchin and shut up or i am goin to have to turn this K5 back around and go home!!!!!!

Donations accepted for the "Build Chaz's 1972 K5 fund"!!!

6. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Dan's pictures from the TTC got hijacked and posted on another site, so Dan quit taking pictures, as not to get anyone in the TTC disqualified. (I'm a little fuzzy as to how the rules work out)
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://pugsley.coloradok5.com>http://pugsley.coloradok5.com</A><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Pugsley on 06/07/01 03:46 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

7. muddin4fun

I think I started a war on pirate4x4.com. Ha ha!!!!

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.pirate4x4.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=10&t=010581>http://www.pirate4x4.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=10&t=010581</A>

8. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>What's wrong with Pirate4x4? There's info on that page that you probably would never find here. I spend as much time over there as I do on this site. So what if someone from over there thought Dan's pictures were cool (didnt we all?) and wanted to share them with that community? I dont know if anyone noticed, but most of the top ten voted in (including Stephen Watson) are members of the pirate4x4 board. If that many of us were in the TTC and you found pictures on Pirate4x4, wouldnt you post them here? I would. I still dont see what everyone's problem is with TTC. It's really not that scary once you get used to the black, and theres a wealth of info on that site. Just my 0.02 (I'll need that back), but I think Pirate4x4 is a great site. If you disagree, please PM all flames as I dont want to clutter the boards.</font color=blue>

[image]http://bbs.off-road.com/wwwthreads_uploads/53-288682-mudpit3.jpg[/image]

9. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

I won't PM this only because it is for everyone. My general feeling on this is that if you find something cool on another site, post the link to that item on that other site. That way it is possible to share an item while leaving it on the board it came from.
    -Aaron

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com

10. CV202

CV202 1/2 ton status

Nay! Consider Decaf and settle down. [​IMG]

Why do people keep calling it a Bronco!!!!! [​IMG]

11. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Go get 'em Lara!!

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://pugsley.coloradok5.com>http://pugsley.coloradok5.com</A>

12. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

guy just cool off and dont go over there and pic fights they are a bunch of cool guy that wanted to see some cool pics and I like the fact that they come over here so just cool off we will see what happens in the mag

F_ck the whales Save CK5!!!!!!!!!!

http://photos.yahoo.com/jwileywilliamson

13. shane

shane 1/2 ton status

So wound up you guys can't even see the forest for the trees. What we need to do is get Dan and this Texascruiser together for a couple of beers and then send them both out to get pictures.[​IMG]Think of it this way, double your pleasure - double your fun. (In my world that means two photographers=twice the pictures for me to see)

Shane

Never argue with idiots; They will drag you down to their level and beat you up with experience [​IMG]

14. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

yea, thats a bunch of bull sh*t! [​IMG]

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]

15. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I have a little problem with Pirate4x4.com. Some of the yocals they let spout off on their boards should be yanked. There's one open forum that shut down recently because it broke down into chaos and the site ended up going with a forum setup like here because of it. It's pretty tame here and that's the way I like it.

"Liberals ain't mean, they just don't have any common sense!"

16. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I don't see any prob w/ the pics being spread around myself... but I do know Dan put his butt on the line to get them pics and he should get some credit for them. Maybe you could post that on the pirate board. Pirate is ok, but it does get very crazy and everyone seems a little quick on the draw to go off over nothing. It is a little too childish and crazy for me, but I have found good info there as well. It is kinda the same w/ the offroad.com board... not as crazy, but not as fun and relaxed as CK5. But now everyone is getting a little huffy... everyone just calm down and kick back a cold one [​IMG]. Pics are for all when they are posted on the net IMO... it would just be nice if one of our members here who also posts there would of given credit to dan, because he did go out of his way and risked heis tail for those pics. Thanks again Dan!

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm>http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm</A>

17. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

It is already done me and texascruiser talked it out. He posted it on my other post.....Thanks Dan

18. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

calm down k30, dont eat those cheerios!!!

LOL this is funny as hell. It's the internet. If it's not copyrighted, it's legal and it's ok. I take pics all the time from all over and post them other places. I like pirate4x4.com. They started something similar to this with jeeps unlimited board not too long back, went over there saying jeeps are crappy and whatever. I looked at the posts made by those guys (IH scouters) and thought, what a bunch of little kids. Lance, the forum moderator shut them down and let them know how it is. Let's not descend to such childish behaviour because that's where I forsee this going. This sport is all about having fun, sharing information, building our rigs, and tearing them up. We do that, they do that, the guys on ORC do that, the ones on 4xwire do that, JU does that. I get a lot of tech information from the pirate board, and the toyota and jeep sections provide much of it. I like good information however I can get it. Yes the board is a little rougher over there, if you can't play in the big boys sandbox, get the fukk out!!!!

Another thing to consider:

A lot of you really like Steve Fox. He posts over there under coloradok5. When you bring up the site name and go on your rampages over there, you're making him look bad. Stop it, people that do stuff like this really need to unplug, get in the rig, take it for a drive (or like me wrench on it in the shop) and remember why you got in the sport in the first place.

Some other folks on pirate regularly that may surprise you:
    me (LakeTex)
    Stephen Watson
    Emmit (Mike)
    A lot of guys from this site
    Chris Geiger (AllPro)

ect ect. so think before you open your damn mouth next time. [​IMG]

Bryan

<font color=red>Sherman, Tx
    "I'd Rather Be a Fencepost in Texas than the King of Tennessee" -Chris Hall
    TEXAS COUNTRY PRIDE
    </font color=red>

19. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

Re: BOY, I AM PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!! *DELETED*

Post deleted by James90

20. muddin4fun

Texascruiser appologized so that's fine with me. I just don't like the idea of Dan risking his neck and then someone dancing around saying "Lookie what I got". That's the only thing that got me. And the fact that he appologized is great! I have respect for him now. He didn't realize it would piss anyone off and so he appologized. That was good enough for me.
    But it does seem to me that, yes there is a lot of info over there, but a lot of people are a bunch of lamoes. It's like they think they are the badasses of the sport and that ain't cool with me. That site would never come together like this one will and did for Rene's trip and fundage for the site and stuff. [​IMG]