Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Boy I dig the 1 inch ORD body lift Tune up was a Breeze!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Grim-Reaper, Jun 10, 2002.

1. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Old Dollar had a bit of a misfire so I dove into it this weekend. Plugs were fairly new (only about 5-6k miles or so). Metered out the wires and they all came up with between 5-8k ohms of resistance. So decided to take a look at the plugs. Always been a pain to get at the back ones and most of the driverside with the A/C is a pain. So I look up in the fender well and sure enough just enough room to get a ratchet in there to yank the plugs. Man that was nice!!!! I need to make some easily removable inner fenders.
    Also did an oil change. My oil collection container is a 5 gallon Thompsons water seal can. Trucks tall enough now that I didn't need the catch pan. Just stuck my big funnel into the thompsons can /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Hmmmmmmm Gee I think the Lady's 79 needs a 6/5 lift and 35's now LOL.
    Now what to do with that Ground scraper Supra I have. even on my low ramps I can't use a creeper on it. At least the oil filter can be reached from the top on that car.
    The bad news is a lot of deposites on the plugs. Getting some oil into the combustion chambers. Looks like time for some valve guide seals. Isn't to the point it's blowing smoke yet but I bet it's getting close.
    Good news is it's running great /forums/images/icons/smile.gif see how long these plugs last.

2. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

you da man grim /forums/images/icons/grin.gif sounds like you had fun this week end, ya getting ready to wheel some of them pirate folk hu. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif
    stop by my place some time and give me a hand i got $1500 worth of suspention and shocks, my OBA to finish, my D60 to install, and a new soft top /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif heheh

3. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

You had time to do all that AND nearly mame a local law enforcement officer too?!!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif ALL IN ONE WEEKEND? You da man!

-Dan

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Boy I dig the 1 inch ORD body lift

[/ QUOTE ]

ME TOO!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Well I'm blowing off a run this coming weekend. The Southern Summer convention at Windrock. Several reasons including fundage to drive the truck 250 miles each way. My camper is still screwed up from last fall when I about turtled it and the truck. Starting to look like I will be spending the weekend that the Pirate run is rebuilding the trailer frame so I can use it for camping again. Might make it up to do the Mont Eagle part but the other four runs are starting to look like I may pass on.
    Damn you got all those parts collected already! Hmmmm you either have a sweet paying job or your up to your ears in credit card /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

6. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

na just been buying a lil here anda lil there and waiting to install it all at once /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif and as of there months ago me and my wife are 100% credit card debt free /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

been buying a lil here anda lil there and waiting to install it all at once

Ha!! Sounds like my truck. Once I have my front springs, shocks, and some odds and ends, It'll be a hardcore burb, if burb's can be hardcore.

tom