Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BOYCE MILITARY... GIVING YOU THE HIGH HARD ONE WITH A SMILE ON THERE FACE!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Brians 60s, Mar 29, 2001.

1. Brians 60s

Brians 60s 1/2 ton status

I have had several people ask me for a chev 60 lately and I usually say go to boyce. $1,750 rebuilt with 4.56 gears. People are telling me that they are now like $1,800 for a USED
    TAKEOUT, and around $2,500 for a rebuild. What is wrong with these greedy schmucks, that is a total rip. I hear 14 bolt
    ff with 4.56s and a detroit is something like $1,500. I will not be sending any more people Mark Boyce's way. It is a shame they have to screw people because so many other companys
    are charging so much. Steve, I hope they gave you a better deal than I have heard about. If I find some more axles I will be sure
    to keep the cost down and not help out the places like boyce
    military I used to respect..... Brian

"IF YOU'VE NEVER BEEN STUCK.....YOU'VE NEVER BEEN WHEELIN"!!!

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Yes, they gave me a good discount, in fact about four of five days after I ordered mine they raised the normal price by 500. bucks, so now it ended up being a really GOOD price. [​IMG]
    I think I may go through the extra one I have (4.56 track lock) and sell it for 1500.00 bucks, doesn't sound bad anymore.

Steve
    [​IMG]
    Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

3. Brians 60s

Brians 60s 1/2 ton status

Steve, I am sure you would get it. the $1,800. used takeout price is for an axle that is in working shape, not gone through and most if not all are open diff. I was told that Dyna Trac sells a
    new or rebuilt 60 starting at $4,000 open diff and going up from there depending on what you want for options. I realize these places are just trying to make a buck but COME ON!!!

"IF YOU'VE NEVER BEEN STUCK.....YOU'VE NEVER BEEN WHEELIN"!!!

4. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I hear ya, but if people are stupid enough to pay that kinda money, Boyce and those will keep on selling them. If people would just shop around, and not be so scared off by using a takeout front end. I have found military CUCVs for $1400, part em out and end up with the front 60 for free. The last pair of military CUCV axles I sold I got $1500 for em, with 4.56s, Detroit rear and Trac-Lok front. I cannot fathom asking more than that for them. Guess I'll just let that spare 60 front keep sunning itself under my grapefruit tree!!! LOL!!!

ken

5. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Man, $1800 for a used “pull-out” D60! That's about what I paid for my CUCV with D60, C14, 4.56, TH400, NP205, brand new GM front cap, and almost new 31" tires. Oh, and the front axle is really nice and tight with a bunch of new parts (brakes, calipers, tie rod ends, king pins, etc.). The TH400 and 205 have also been rebuilt by the local GM dealer shop (where the previous owner worked) and there is a new front drive shaft. The only thing it was missing was the diesel engine. Man, people need to shop around more, I found this one after only about 3 weeks of looking...

Bad Dog

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, NP205, D60/C14, 4.56
    Coming soon: 4" lift, 40" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Somebody must be shelling out the cash for them or the prices would drop, not rise. [​IMG] I can't imagine paying that kind of cash for those things. 14-bolt FF's can be had all day for $300 from junkyards. Boyce probably buys up all he can get for that price and then turns around and sells 'em for $1,500. Pretty good profit margins!

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com>http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com</A>

7. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

They quoted $1350 for a rebuilt 10 bolt rear. Hmmmmmmm... can we say, bite me?

[​IMG] Dont steal my truck..I dont need anymore worthless junk over my fireplace.

8. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Talk about Supply and demand. That is rediculous how they are upping the prices......

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; <A target="_blank" HREF=http://emmett.coloradok5.com>http://emmett.coloradok5.com</A>

"Pimpin aint easy!"

9. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I hate to be the one to say "I heard it thru the grapevine", but since everybody on the CK5 site is considered family to me, I will let you in on a quote I found out about Boyce Equipment. Apparently Mark Boyce has family ties to the US government. Those ties lead to the auctions and whatnot. They said he was getting COMPLETE trucks, blazers, etc. for the low price of $1000.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You figure the rest out!!

10. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

I'm one of the ones who got a $3379 D60 front quote and a $1500 14-bolt quote from Boyce. Couldn't bring myself to pay that much considering that's $4879 US = $7700 Canadian less ubolt plates! Talk about rip off!!![​IMG][​IMG]
    I finally got mine ordered from a Canadian delaer (JMW in Kitchener, Ontario) for about the same price Canadian. The base prices were $1250 for Dana 60 and $250 for 14-bolt. The total labour I'm paying is $250/diff and that's for the new R&P, bearings, & ARB install so I figure the rest ain't too bad.
    The point I wanted to make is that not all of us have the luxury of a dozen different sources for axles! I wanted to buy my own cores but with only two Auto recylcing yards available locally and BOTH almost laughing when I asked for a 14/D60, I didn't have alot of choice but to buy away!
    Even spent a month or more trying to find a 1-ton to buy & scrap but they're so rare here that it's not even funny.
    Still sucks that we're gettin ripped off with the supply & demand thing!

Brian
    89KBlazer

11. doonjumper

doonjumper 1/2 ton status

I had the same experince recently d60 $1950 14 bolt $1725. I did not buy them of coarse. However they did seem to have a cheaper price on 14 bolt conversion kit @$800 w/E brake compared to oru @ $1400. Both places came with brand new parts, not rebuilt.

12. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

And it is only going to get worse, I just might keep my other 60 and sell it in about five years for about 10,000 bucks. [​IMG][​IMG]

Steve
    [​IMG]
    Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

13. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Hey! That's not even a little bit funny Steve!! LOL! [​IMG]
    At this rate, we'll all have to start buying and modifying 1-ton IFS Chevys!![​IMG] It's not far off being cheaper!!

Brian
    89KBlazer

14. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i think i will stay with my dana 44 and 12 bolt i dont care how much vaseline they give me lol

77blazer see it at<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333>http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333</A>[​IMG]

15. walt88

walt88 1/2 ton status

Can anyone give me any information on where to get a CUCV?? Any at all?

[​IMG]<font color=red>1988 Chevrolet K5 Blazer, Middletown, NJ (07737).</font color=red>