Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Boycott France

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chosen(1), Mar 20, 2003.

1. chosen(1)

chosen(1) 1/2 ton status

I found a list of french and french owned companies.
    clicky

2. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Carrboro, NC passed a resolution yesterday to support French goods. What a bunch of FAWKERS! Nothing pisses me off more than this. Bunch of pansy liberal yuppies!

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Here are some of the companies I would not have guessed were French!
    [ QUOTE ]
    BF Goodrich (owned by Michelin)
    BIC (razors, pens and lighters)
    Car & Driver Magazine
    Culligan (owned by Vivendi)
    Dannon (yogurt and dairy foods)
    Jerry Springer (talk show)
    L'Oreal (health and beauty products)
    Marie Claire
    Maybelline
    Michelin (tires and auto parts)
    Motel 6
    Motown Records
    MP3.com
    Nissan (cars; majority owned by Renault)
    RCA (televisions and electronics; owned by Thomson Electronics)
    Red Roof Inns (owned by Accor group in France)
    Seagram's Gin
    Salomon (skis)
    Spencer Gifts
    Technicolor
    Total gas stations
    Uniroyal
    Universal Studios (music, movies and amusement parks; owned by Vivendi-Universal).
    Yoplait (The French company Sodiaal owns a 50 percent stake)

[/ QUOTE ]

4. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

i take it Wild Turkey is owned by a French group?
    cause its distilled in kentucky, and i sure would hate to think i've been drinking whiskey from Kentucky,France all this time /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Guess we better stop breathing too, someone from France may have breathed the same air... Don't forget to make seperate water fountains, bathrooms, seats on the bus, and restaurant entrances for French people...

6. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I am sorry but there is a big difference between a boycott and segregation/discrimination /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Segregation can be fun too though /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Uniroyal

[/ QUOTE ] So technically speaking, I drive on the french every day??? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    NewsMax.com

March 2003

French Products and Companies to Boycott

Dozens of readers have written in asking for a list of French companies products to boycott. After all, some are well known, but many are not. Here goes.

The gang at FrogWeenies (www.metrospy.com) notes: "France's behavior in front of the UN has been disgraceful. Their attempts to block, veto and prevent the US lead military action in Iraq does not promote peace, it simply reinforces the will of tyrants and terrorists."

It lists French products to boycott. You will probably be surprised to learn the French own everything from Wild Turkey to Car & Driver to Motel 6 to cheesy Spencer Gifts to disgusting Democrat schlock-show host Jerry Springer.

Also, check out NewsMax's Boycott France Ad Campaign - Join the Boycott - Click Here Now!

# Air France. Air Liquide. Airbus. Alcatel. Allegra (allergy medication). Aqualung (including: Spirotechnique, Technisub, US Divers, and SeaQuest). AXA Advisors.

# Bank of the West (owned by BNP Paribas). Beneteau (boats). BF Goodrich (owned by Michelin). BIC (razors, pens and lighters). Biotherm (cosmetics). Black Bush. Bollinger (champagne).

# Car & Driver Magazine. Cartier. Chanel. Chivas Regal (scotch). Christian Dior. Club Med (vacations). Culligan (owned by Vivendi).

# Dannon (yogurt and dairy foods). DKNY. Dom Perignon. Durand Crystal.

# Elle Magazine. Essilor Optical Products. Evian.

# First Hawaiian Bank.

# George Magazine. Givenchy. Glenlivet (scotch).

# Hennessy.

# Jacobs Creek (owned by Pernod Ricard since 1989). Jameson (whiskey). Jerry Springer (talk show).

# Krups (coffee and cappuccino makers).

# Lancome. Le Creuset (cookware). L'Oreal (health and beauty products). Louis Vuitton.

# Marie Claire. Martel Cognac. Maybelline. Méphisto (shoes and clothes). Michelin (tires and auto parts). Mikasa (crystal and glass). Moet (champagne). Motel 6. Motown Records. MP3.com. Mumms (champagne).

# Nissan (cars; majority owned by Renault). Nivea. Normany Butter.

# Parents Magazine. Peugeot (automobiles). Pierre Cardin. Playstation Magazine. ProScan (owned by Thomson Electronics, France). Publicis Group (including Saatchi & Saatchi Advertising).

# RCA (televisions and electronics; owned by Thomson Electronics). Red Magazine. Red Roof Inns (owned by Accor group in France). Renault (automobiles). Road & Track Magazine. Roquefort cheese (all Roquefort cheese is made in France). Rowenta (toasters, irons, coffee makers, etc.). Royal Canadian.

# Salomon (skis). Seagram's Gin. Sierra Software and Computer Games. Smart & Final. Sofitel (hotels, owned by Accor). Sparkletts (water, owned by Danone). Spencer Gifts. Sundance Channel.

# Taylor Made (golf). Technicolor. T-Fal (kitchenware). Total gas stations.

# UbiSoft (computer games). Uniroyal. Universal Studios (music, movies and amusement parks; owned by Vivendi-Universal). USFilter.

# Veritas Group. Veuve Clicquot Champagne. Vittel. Vivendi.

# Wild Turkey (bourbon). Woman's Day Magazine.

# Yoplait (The French company Sodiaal owns a 50 percent stake). Yves Saint Laurent.

# Zodiac Inflatable Boats.

Note: The French do not own the the Fina gas stations in the U.S. or Fina Lubricants USA, which as an American company should be supported. People have written in that Grey Goose vodka is French, but FrogWeenies writes, "After a thorough check of the brand, we are confident Grey Goose is an American brand, owned by an American company." People have sent NewsMax more reports of French companies, and if we can confirm them we'll post them.

P.S.: Thanks to GOP lawmakers, cafeterias in the U.S. House of Representatives will today start offering "freedom fries" instead of you know what.

Editor's note:
    Check Out NewsMax's Boycott France Ad Campaign -- Join the Boycott -- Click Here Now!

P.S.: Forward the url to this page to as many people in your email list as possible.

[/ QUOTE ] Intresting, I've always thought Car & Driver Magazine sucked. Guess I know why now. I'm not suprisied the see that Hennessy (the #1 drink of the getto and project housing) is french. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

10. highwaydevil

highwaydevil 1/2 ton status

I knew there was a reason why I bought Wild Country tires today instead of BFG's

11. chosen(1)

chosen(1) 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Guess we better stop breathing too, someone from France may have breathed the same air... Don't forget to make seperate water fountains, bathrooms, seats on the bus, and restaurant entrances for French people...

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I don't know if You are making a joke, but I think drawing a comparison to segregation is a stretch. I think it is perfectly reasonable to choose not to buy products that support a country that does not support ours

12. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

You'll never know... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

13. steve_j

steve_j Newbie

This is only my opinion, but many of these companies have branches or divisions in the US and Canada which employ many of our citizens. If the products from these companies were strictly imported from France and not actually made in our countries, I could see your reason for boycotting them. At this day in age it is hard to find a large company that does not own other companies in other countries, or is owned by a company from another country.

14. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    # RCA

[/ QUOTE ] Radio Corporation of America is now owned by France?

besides, what the hell do the french know about war... `WE GIVE UP!! DON'T SHOOT!' /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif