Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bracketry Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by skink4president, Jul 31, 2005.

1. skink4president

skink4president Registered Member

Been looking at some new AC and Alternator brackets for my '73 K-5 (just to clean things up a bit) and I've noticed that almost every after market set-up puts the alternator on the drivers side and the AC compressor on the passenger. This is mirror opposite of the current configuration. So my questions:

1) Is there a good reason for doing this?

2) Does it make sense on my K-5? (The remaining electrical and AC components are already in certain locations. I'm not building a hotrod from scratch here!)

3) Does everyone favor a particular vendor/fabricator? I've heard terrible things about March.

Thanks Again.

2. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I could never find any after market brackets for the AC unit on my blazer (a 73) I looked for a long time too, Then I finally got permission from the wife to totally remove the AC since I refuse to put the top on in the summertime any way Good luck though let me know if you find any

3. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

maybe look here for aftermarkt A/C brackets. They sold me an entire system for my C-70 and the brackets were pretty good. they told me they sell some individual parts link