Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brad Paisley concert

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mtnman210, Sep 22, 2005.

1. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

I'm going to see hime next weekend. I've heard he puts on a pretty good show. Has anyone seen him on his current tour-what'd ya think.

2. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

no but i like the cd -- i can say toby keath was good

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Not yet..

I haven't seen him live yet--every time he's played near me I've been too broke to go!..I like a lot of his tunes,like the "fishin' song" (I'm Gonna Miss Her")--and "Whiskey Lullaby" ,the duet with Alison Krauss is a killer song--and "Alcohol" is another good one,and "Celebrity"..I hear he's quite a talent on the guitar too..wish I'd had the dough to see him and many others I missed this summer,like Trace Adkins and Charlie Daniels.. :( .. I think you'll enjoy his concert--a plus is a LOT of hot chicks go to his shows! :laugh: ..

I'm going to see Rhonda Vincent sunday night in CT!! :D --I am going dead or alive--been very ill lately with bronchitis,but I'm beyond the contagious stage,and I'm praying I feel better by sunday..I'd hate to miss her only show in new england scheduled for the next 8 months!--not looking forward to the 90 mile ride each way to the venue though,or the 35 bucks for gas it will cost to get there..praying nothing goes wrong with the car,no cash to spare if anything does!.. :eek1: :crazy:

4. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

Yeah I can't wait to see him. I have all his albums and his songs are great. One I'm really liking on his new cd is "Out in the Parking Lot" Which is kinda a funny to hear Alan Jackson sing the whole song but still a good one.

5. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

i'm gonna see him Sunday night

6. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

cool get back to me on what you think of the show.

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

He should be kicked in the balls because he looks like Jeff Gordon...............

8. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

ahhh it's spreading:haha:

9. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

Well the conert was last night and WOW!!! GREAT show. SugarLand was was good they had lots of energy and opened for Sara Evans. I haven't heard too many of their songs but I guess I have to go get the cd because they had some good stuff. Sara Evans was amazing, my God can she sing and not to mentiong she is smoking:eek1::eek1::eek1: in person. She did quite a bit of talking in between songs and was actually pretty funny. Then there was Brad. Unbelievable. He put so much energy into his set I thought I was gonna die when it was done. During "Mud on the Tires" there was a cool video of a bunch of trucks playing in the mud on the big screen--very cool:waytogo:. Then during his new one "Alcohol" I think every person in the place was holding their beer up like a big toast the whole song. It would have made a great picture but of course the camera got left at home:doah:. His picking was crazy not only him but his band---once they got going it was AWESOME.

For any of you that are fans of his and haven't seen him live I'll tell you it is a must......what a show; can't wait for next year.

10. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Good time huh??

Glad to hear you had a good time!..I'd love to see Sara Evans!..your right about her being SMOKING hot!--and Jenifer Nettles (lead singer of Sugarland) is pretty darn nice looking too!..Sara has the # 1 song right now "A Real Fine Place To Start"!..and Sugarland is close on her heels with "Something More"..I'd have gone to see Brad Paisley if I had the cash this year,especially if Sara was with him on tour! (I missed seeing Sara because she played the same day as Kathy Mattea had--Kathy's mom passed away and the re-scheduled date was the same day as Sara was in my area-of course! :( )..I like a lot of Brad's tunes..

I hope I can get to keep going to concerts--Its getting harder all the time to scrape up the ticket and gas money to go.-Kathy Mattea is coming in november to NH and MA--I hope to see her at least once again--saw her in May and July,and she always puts on a great concert!..but I'm not making any money right now..hoping I can sell my 79 C10,I need cash badly....Music is about the only thing that is keeping me alive right now--its one of the few things I enjoy in life anymore..

I did get to Rhonda's show last Sunday--she was great as usual,but I could tell her recent sugurey had taken a lot of wind out of her sails..I was amazed she was even back touring at all so soon after major intestinal surgurey!--she told me a burger she ate in denver in july was not fully cooked,and it led to her large intesting getting infected and air got into its lining--she had to lose 1/3 of it! :eek1: ..

But she still amazed us all at the concert--she smoked the strings right off her mandolin on the first song!--had to re-string it while her band did a few songs without her!---I met her after the show,she gave me a big hug for all the prayers and E-mails I'd sent her after her illness!..she's a very sweet person..I wish I could meet a single woman like her! :D ..