Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Braided fuel hoses???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by magnum4x4, Apr 4, 2004.

1. magnum4x4

magnum4x4 Registered Member

I am installing a holley pro-jection system on my 73 K5. I want to run all new braided fuel hoses. What size hoses do you suggest for the supply and return. Do you know of any fittings I'll need right off the bat. Thanks for your help. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    I ran 3/8" hard line with My fuel injection(fuel feed).and 5/16ths return.
    Make sure the rubber hose is fuel injected rated.It withstands the higher fuel line preassure's that a fuel injection system requiers.

A braided rubber hose still may not take the pressure.The braiding helps with swelling of the rubber hose inside but again if it is not fuel injection rated rubber hose it WILL burst at some point.

3. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

-10 from tank to filter/elec fuel pump. -8 pump to regulator. -6 from regulator to ?

John

4. dave_90_blazer

dave_90_blazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I ran 3/8" hard line with My fuel injection(fuel feed).and 5/16ths return.
    Make sure the rubber hose is fuel injected rated.It withstands the higher fuel line preassure's that a fuel injection system requiers.

A braided rubber hose still may not take the pressure.The braiding helps with swelling of the rubber hose inside but again if it is not fuel injection rated rubber hose it WILL burst at some point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aeroquip AQP racing hose has a max psi rating of 1000psi
    Even the push on Earls hose has a max rating of 350psi