Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

brainfart

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by beater_k20, Oct 15, 2004.

1. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i just "finished" drilling my shackles for my 52" swap on the front of my rig, and realized i forgot to do one thing. CHANGE THE DRILL BIT BEFORE DRILLING THE SECOND HOLE IN EACH SHACKLE! so i am now the proud owner of 4 pieces of 3/8" x 2" x 9 1/4" pieces of steel each with a pair of 9/16" holes drilled on 7 1/4" center. anybody else ever had a bonehead moment like this? post it up and make me feel better about this whole situation. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

why not just get new bushings from steve to fix it and run all the same bolt. IMHO the stock 7/16"s is a joke.

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

when building my bumper, i cut the length i needed. marked where the bend needs to start, stuck it in, pulled the lever to the correct angle, pulled it out and realized i bent on the wrong side of the line /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

then while fixing my tailgate, i welded 1/8" sheet metal into both sides of the box. then when i went to put the tail gate on, the hinges were 1/4" too close together /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

4. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Just weld the holes up and re drill. Ya might have to resharpen the bit a couple times due to the harder weld metal, but it'll work fine. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

5. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

They night I bought my K5 I installed a set of airlift bags on my truck to help tow my trailer. When instlling the airlift bags I had to drill a hole through the frame, forgot to look on the other side of the frame and drilled through my brake line when the drill bit came through. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

We had an older gentelman bring his car to my friends repair shop--it was running poorly,starting hard,stalling--his wife swore it was something her hubby had done-"it ran fine,but he's always fahhtin around with the car,cant leave it alone--wish he never retired--he drives me nuts!".We ended up pulling the gas tank out--found it about half full of water--seems the guy noticed a lot of water in his trunk in the spare tire well,and thought it would be a good idea to get it out so it wouldnt rust out the trunk--he drilled 3 1/2 inch holes in the trunk floor--and right through the tank too--about 3 gallons of rusty water drained right into the tank!! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif. He gave us 20 bucks to keep our lips sealed /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif--but his wife still doesnt beleive us when we told her they must have gotten a bad tank of gas somewhere! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

7. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i just "finished" drilling my shackles for my 52" swap on the front of my rig, and realized i forgot to do one thing. CHANGE THE DRILL BIT BEFORE DRILLING THE SECOND HOLE IN EACH SHACKLE! so i am now the proud owner of 4 pieces of 3/8" x 2" x 9 1/4" pieces of steel each with a pair of 9/16" holes drilled on 7 1/4" center. anybody else ever had a bonehead moment like this? post it up and make me feel better about this whole situation. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got a girl friend. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif