Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brake Bleeding Issues

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Brodie, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Brodie

Brodie 1/2 ton status

I changed the wheel cylinders on my truck today and have run into a few snags. While we were bleeding the brakes we accidentaly cavitated the
    MC reservoir. :doah: We refilled the reservoir and pressed on. Unfortunately we got absolutely no response from the brakes anymore. No fluid out of the bleed ports and no pedal movement when the ports were opened.

Before the cavitation we were moving quite a bit of fluid through the lines, and still getting air. We cracked the line at the MC and applied the brakes. Nothing came out. I started the truck up, and the brake light came on and wouldn't go out. I'm leaning towards a bad MC but I was hoping for some advice from the masters. Thanks

2. SLOK5

SLOK5 1/2 ton status

:wink1: The best way is to let it gravity bleed. Fill the master cylinder up and open all the bleeder screws and let the fluid run out for awhile. This should solve your problem.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

you might want to pop on a new master. you mostlikly trashed the seals when you went full drop. as the master dosnt normaly go this far in everyday travel. but you could try bleading it like a new master first.

best why to blead brakes i have found over the years in the bissness is pump slow and steady not super fast. and 3 pumps and hold is about the best for the pressure to pump ratio. seems to work super for me.

4. Brodie

Brodie 1/2 ton status

I R2 the MC today and bled the crap out of the entire system. Lo and behold it fixed it!!!! Even the light went out.

5. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

"R2" ???

6. Brodie

Brodie 1/2 ton status

Remove and Replace

7. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

Thx