Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

brake bleeding problem....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chevyfumes, Jul 20, 2002.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I was taking the rear dif cover off for inspection and I losened the rear brake line ( hard line going to the wheel) by moving the bracket outta the way of the cover. Now I can't seem to bleed the brakes or even tighten it up enough to keep it from leaking. Do you have to bleed it from that section and not the wheel, if so how.... /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif tired of no pedal! /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

2. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

you should try and fix your leak first and then go from there.

3. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

How much fluid came out? Yeah, I agree though fix the leak. After that I would just go the normal bleeding of everything.

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I understand , but do you need to bleed it from where it's leaking also, or will it eventually get pushed out the wheel opening? thanks guy's... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

5. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

I am thinking that you should just fix the leak. It could suck little air bubbles in. I would bleed at leaking side at the wheel.

6. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

every time you push on the brake pedal and the brake return springs push back on the wheel cylanders you are more than likely like fr8train said getting air bubbles back in the system.that means until you fix the leak in the system you will never get the brakes to bleed properly