Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brake booster and master cylander question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Seventy4Blazer, Dec 16, 2002.

1. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

what is the newest brake booster and master cylander i can put in the wifes 76 jimmy?
    hers is leaking bad and i have been told that the newer plastic ones work GREAT. but what year to use?
    Grant

2. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

You can use most of the newer ones. They will physically bolt up - but odds are your master has SAE threads, and the new ones have metric, so you'll probably have to get a couble of metric flare nuts and a flaring tool to make it work.

I took a master from a '93 K2500 and bolted in onto my '91 crewcab. I'm not saying its 'correct', but it works just fine. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

For a '74 Blazer, I'd check to see if a '91 Blazer is aluminum - if not, go with a 92 - it will be aluminum for sure.

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

thanks, its for the 76 jimmy.
    i like the clear ones. i can see the fluid level. im to lazy to open it some times, and the way it leaks now i almost forgot to check it the other day... kinda not fun ya know.
    Thanks again. anybody else?
    Grant