Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brake calipers/posting pics

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by BadBowtie1, Aug 20, 2003.

1. BadBowtie1

BadBowtie1 1/2 ton status

I need a set of D44 3/4 ton brake calipers to finish my disc brake conversion.

Also how do you go about posting pics here?

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

You can also use calipers off of any 10 bolt or D44, 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton. They are all the same caliper.

For posting pics you need to upload them on the internet to a location that allows remote linking (like Imagestation ) or in the Members rides section of this site (currently has a few glitches right now though). Then view the photo and right click on it. Select properties. Then cut and paste the web address for the actual photo from the properties box to the image box here in the forums.

3. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

i found pep boys to have the cheapest calipers..18.00 with a 13 core if i remember correctly..thats loaded /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. BadBowtie1

Thanks guys.We dont have a PEP Boys here anymore.They closed about 2yrs ago.Is there a differnce between 2wd and 4x4 calipers.May be a dumb question but I dont know. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

yes they are different...i tried that already cause i had a good set of 2wd calipers /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif..but they still work for core as long at the parts person isnt real quick..

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    but they still work for core as long at the parts person isnt real quick..

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yep, that is what i did, i had a set of 2wd 3/4ton caliper laying around, and used them for cores for my 4wd 3/4ton calipers /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. BadBowtie1

Thats what Im gonna do with mine.Thanks for all the info.Greatly appriciated(spelling unsure) /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif