Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

brake changes

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 89k5blazr, Apr 5, 2002.

1. 89k5blazr

89k5blazr Registered Member

Anyone have any suggestions for brake upgrades?. I want to put vented/slotted rotors on the front (i checked summit racing, jc whitney, jegs...couldnt find them). And i was thinking about putting a disc brake set up on the rear(anyone know what would easily fit?, upgrade kit or from a different model truck), or maybe putting the antilock system from the 90-91 k5's. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I don't think there are any "easy" and "reasonably priced" rear disk setups for the trucks...yet. I'm working (don't get your hopes up) on something a bit better than the "kits" that are offered, hopefully using the semi-common 79-85 Cadillac calipers with e-brake. It's not going to have as much "power" as the 76-78 calipers, but I believe that a 79-85 setup is a mojor improvement over the drums on there now.

Just have to come up with a spare 8.5" rear axle assembly and I'm set to begin mockup /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

If u have the $$$$$$$4 go with BAER (pronounced bear) brakes. they make brakes for everything from NHRA dragsters to mud trucks. they will take a lil bit of money, but are well worth it NITRO