Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

brake combination valve

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ktedesco, Apr 3, 2004.

1. ktedesco

ktedesco 1/2 ton status

Hello everyone. I am new to the board and have found it EXTREMELY helpful. I purchased a 90 K5 a week ago with the intent to build it up. I just installed a 4 in. lift and of course had to disconnect the brake lines. After completing the lift, I bled the brakes and and the dash light is still on, assume I still have air in the lines. I looked into it and Chiltons manual says to open the combination valve. Problem is, I can't find it. Sounds like I am stupid but manual shows it on front left frame near the steering gear. All I have there are the 2 lines coming from proportioning valve and spliting to the LF, RF and rear wheels. Do some models not have the combination valve? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks

2. vegas76k5

vegas76k5 Registered Member

I am not sure about your year, but mine is on the crosmember.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Proportioning and combination valve are one and the same (actually thats why its called a combo valve and not proportioning) on these trucks.

4. ktedesco

ktedesco 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the help. I bled the brakes more without doing anything to the combination valve and I seem to have a firm pedal and good braking now. The dash light is no longer on so it should be ok.