Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brake fluid at junction to booster?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dremu, Aug 1, 2004.

1. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

In swapping the brake power booster, I noticed the bad one had a bit of fluid in the bore where the master cylinder mates to the booster.

I suspect that this means the master is leaking, and the leakage is contaminating the booster. Can anyone confirm this, or conversely, can anyone tell me that a little goop in the junction won't kill the booster?

'Sokay either way, as the booster's only gotta last a few weeks /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif and it can't be any worse than the one that was on before /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

-- A

2. FWP

FWP CRS

I'd say the master was leaking into the booster. Change the master while your there, they're cheap. My .02.

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yeah seals in the maseter are going, seal kits are cheap or save the troble and go for a new mc, a little fluid wont kill the booster a lot will. i had a bit in mine when i changed my mc and its still fine but too much and it will kill the diaphram /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif