Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brake help on 1st gen, with dana 60 front

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TheBlazerKid, Feb 4, 2001.

1. TheBlazerKid

TheBlazerKid 1/2 ton status

Ok guys i need help with this one, I got my 14 bolt and dana 60 front axle all finished today got teh brakes bled and everythign hooked up right, so I go for a test drive and THERES NO [censored] BRAKES, I dont know what the hell is wrong with it I have bled it like 4 times, the petal just squishes down to teh floor and teh light comes on, HELP!

Theres No Replacement for Cubic Inches!

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Did your master cylinder get empty? If so it may need to be bench bled. Another possibility is that the repeated pumping of the pedal down to the end of the master cylinders stroke wiped out the seals there. When the pedal is pumped for bleeding the brakes it shouldn't be allowed to go to the floor. A piece of wood under the brake pedal helps for this. My guess is that the master cylinder is toast.

Rene

[​IMG]

3. TheBlazerKid

that i didnt know, i just put a brand new master cylender on it, cause teh sael was bad on the old one, we bench bled it first, then we used the push the pedal method, then we used a pressure bleeder, then the foot method again, thats a thought ough thanx

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I wiped one out that way, found out from the parts guy when I brought it back [​IMG]

Rene

[​IMG]

5. 72blazer4x4

72blazer4x4 Registered Member

im having the same problem right now with my dana 44. i have a master cylinder no more than 4 months old in it. my dad and i found something that could fix it and were gonna try it tomorrow and if it works ill tell ya.

jeremy

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Are you running a vacuum booster? Since you installed a D60, you may not have enough pressure to pump the bigger brakes. If this is the problem, look into getting an adjustable proportioning valve. Another possibility to look into is to change over to hydro boost system like whats on diesel and one ton trucks.

7. TheBlazerKid

yeah I have a vacuume booster, I thought of that one also, I bought the whole truck that i got teh axles from and the hydro boost system is still on there so if worst comes to wrst i coudl change it, but that would be a pain in the ass as its backwards from my 71's lines, but maybe