Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brake help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by trailblazer87, Jul 15, 2002.

1. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

I have just replace my master cylinder, and the steel hardline for my front brakes and it still won't stop. I bled them till no air came out and the fluid ran clean. This is the same thing it did before I replaced everything.
    Any help would appreciated.

2. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

When you bled them did you start with the one farthest from the master cylinder? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

3. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

Yep, my buddy is telling me to reverse bleed them, never heard of this before. Yeah, bled them passenger rear first, then driver rear, then pass. front, the driver front. Tried to bleed a little more tonight, and the driver front blows fluid, then a little puff of air, then more fluid. The air always happens when the pedal gets halfway down, not sure what this means. But they also won't pump up pressure when you pump them a bunch. the pedal is real lazy about coming back up from compression.

4. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

Did you adjust your rear brakes. Do that and you will notice a big inmprovement. Best way to adjust them is by jacking up the rear and tacking out the plugs on the backing plate. Behind that is a star adjuster. Take a flat head and adjust them till the tire will only spin 1 and a 1/2 rotation. Then bleed them from the RR tire, LR tire, RF tire and then LF tire then the master cylinder. Also check your rear wheel cylinders to see if they are leaking.
    If you have any more questions cantact me.
    colin

Colin