Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brake hose 4 disc conv.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85 blazer, May 5, 2004.

1. 85 blazer

85 blazer 1/2 ton status

What brake hose is everyone using for a disc brake conversion on a 14 bolt FF. This is a mud truck and dont want any thing hanging low or loose!!! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

Frank, Take a look at the hose kit we offer at azkickin.com under the brake section. We also offer custom hose for all popular GM alxes.

3. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

I'm doing mine right now. I am planning on using an adapter to screw into the caliper and go into a straight 10" #3AN braided hose. The hose will have a little slach for the caliper to float and run across the back side of the axle tube and be adapted into the 3/16 steel tube. I plan on buying some weld on hose retainers to keep it nice a tight against the axle tube. www.inlinetube.com and www.afcoracing.com have what I'm going to need.

4. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I used Az-Kickin's kit. The billet brackets are sweet! /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

the Goodridge company sells brake line kits real cheap
    the azkicker looks like it would be 'fun' to form the hard line to
    the Goodridge kit comes with a weld on tab that I would mount high on the axle housing
    like I did my homebrew version prior to finding the cheaper steel braided Goodridge kits
    TSM sells the Goodridge kit as their braided line hardware, for a hefty profit