Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brake hose (frame to caliper) question??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Burt4x4, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I did a search and didn't find much on my Dana44 front..

Last night I was staring at my naked K5(no front clip or engine) and my old brake hoses are ...well old.

So I think I want to replace them with Stainless.

Now On my calipers the square block that is at the end of the hose has two big 'ears' on them that one side seats in a groove on the caliper.

I was just looking on the internet for SS lines and none that I found had ears, infact one place has round blocks instead of square??

Does any of this matter?
    The ears or the square block versus a round one?

If anyone has aftermarket hoses on there D44 calipers can you tell me a part # and manufacture? Do they leak? WHat style of block is on it?

Thanks for your time
    Burt

2. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

All the ears do is keep the block from spinning. I haven't seen any aftermarket lines with the ears on the block. Just be sure when you tighten the banjo bolt that the hose is facing up or towards point where it comes out of the frame. When/if the hose gets pulled tight, the hose won't spin on the banjo and loosen it up.

I think someone on here has a P/N for longer rubber lines, the might have the ears.

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Cool, Ya I was thinking along thes lines that the ears were to keep the block thing from turning and then losining the bolt. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I think I will keep hunting...maby I can make my own set....
    Burt /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I think Earl's will custom make a set, but then they won't put the DOT stamp on it.